• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norco's D8TE

well a few parts and changes have been made and ordered, i have the narrower t bone bumper on the way just to give more tyre clearance i have also ordered my motor which is the x812l tenshock 1700kv. this will be powered by a hobbywing xerun 150a esc running hopefully 17/46 gearing giving a top speed around 65mph on 6S

• 2 weeks later...

well a complete change is on the cards, the rc monster conversion would not give me the gearing i wanted and tbh i was a little disappointed with the plastics as such a tekno conversion has been ordered along with a castle 2200kv combo, i know this is high kv for 6S but it will be geared to 60mph same as the savage flux and e revo so should be absolutely fine tbh

same diffs, diff casings etc,. so kinda but they are used on the trophy and lightning series too.

fanatastic build,

and a quick question is this similar to a vorza? i only ask as im getting a bit of a brushless itch and the vorza is getting to the top of my wanted list

thanks sean

Sort of Deafty only the diff cases are shared with the lightning/trophy series they use much cheaper internals and nothing else fits. The vorza is d8 based so very similar but there are some differences between them obviously chassis length arm length etc but the core parts are identical
  • Like 1

nearly there then :)

Have u considered a simple homebre esc tray?  imo too many cable ties which may starve ya esc's air supply.  .

i can remove a couple of zipties, with my gearing etc i shouldn't be stressing it too much but i will be keeping a very close eye on it =]