• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI savage xs thoughts?

sozerelli

Hi all, looking for a few opinions.

I have a nitro assault and 2 hyper 7's I am looking to leave the nitro world behind after a world of expensive pains.

I have seen a few videos of the Hpi savage xs and thought I would pick the brains of the experts (you guys)

1. What are your general thoughts on this car?

2. Where is the best place to get a 2s battery and charger online (I am UK based)

3. How easy is it to get spares and parts for this truck

4. Would you recommend anything else? Budget of

Hi. I got a used Savage XS a few weeks ago. Pretty pleased with it so far. Mine has sway bars and upgraded shocks, and it handles very nicely, with less of the lateral wobbles than a Savvy flux.

There are issues with the diffs loosing teeth. Mine needed a new ring gear straight away as I could hear a knocking noise from the diff.

Some people have had problems with the electrics though these seem to be people on 3S

Parts seem pretty reasonable, and the US chop shops will sell entire diffs in their housing for

• Like 1

Hi. I got a used Savage XS a few weeks ago. Pretty pleased with it so far. Mine has sway bars and upgraded shocks, and it handles very nicely, with less of the lateral wobbles than a Savvy flux.

There are issues with the diffs loosing teeth. Mine needed a new ring gear straight away as I could hear a knocking noise from the diff.

Some people have had problems with the electrics though these seem to be people on 3S

Parts seem pretty reasonable, and the US chop shops will sell entire diffs in their housing for

I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Little tip when you get it, put some cellophane or clear sticky tape on the roof first time you drive it on the road. If you blip the throttle too much and put it on it's roof you will scratch your pristine shell up.

I can't remember the brand but it is a 5200Mah 2S hardcase 40-80C that came with the truck. Stick to a 2S pack and you will be fine.

• Like 1