• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

who locks there diff what way?

sd66sd

I have been looking around at all the diff locking options and keep coming back to the body clip method has anyone in here use this method? Going to lock the dif next weekend and I have the front 1 way on its way to me so going to fit that and lock the rear the same day just wanted to know if anyone has tried the clip method?

Locking the rear diff is a must. You can get away with tightening up a ball diff to its limit but eventually it will come loose so locking it with body pins such as the above video is simple and effective in the long run. 

Front you can run a ball diff but in an ideal world should run a one way diff which will simulate the handbrake when you brake allowing tighter and harder transitions.

• Like 1

You really can't have looked that hard...

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/197687-diff-locking/

its not that I didn't look... the thread was more of a pole than me asking how to do it mate I have seen most of the methods and I was just asking who likes what better and if anyone has tried the rclip method.....

Locking the rear diff is a must. You can get away with tightening up a ball diff to its limit but eventually it will come loose so locking it with body pins such as the above video is simple and effective in the long run. 

Front you can run a ball diff but in an ideal world should run a one way diff which will simulate the handbrake when you brake allowing tighter and harder transitions.

yeh man I know its a must can't wait to see the difference in the car with the 1 way up front and a locked rear just waiting on the postie to bring me all my new shiny bits! :D

it might be worth looking at getting a rear spool? It's basically a solid diff. It's not hard to lock a diff but I just find it is easier to swap it out for a spool then I can always just pop the diff back in if I want to grip race and I don't have to open the diff. Just a thought.