• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pistonheads' TLR 22 2.0

Got it to a finished rolling chassis at last :)

Lower shock caps, and shafts assembled. The manual states the same part number for two different size and thickness o rings on the lower and upper caps, it's easy enough to work out which one goes where though.

nu3ejy7u.jpg

Shocks fully assembled and bled (eventually lol) the manual doesn't state clearly how these should be bled, thankfully there's helpful videos on Horizon Hobbys' Youtube channel. They may not be quite perfect yet, but they'll do me for now, and no doubt i'll get better at them with time.

vegapa8u.jpg

Springs on.

yjemaqe7.jpg

Shocks mounted to the chassis. Not too keen on the design of the upper shock ball joints(?) Feels like they need a similar washer to ones on the inner rear camber ball studs on my Hyper.

a9amy6a4.jpg

The finished roller :) I did find that the front wheels on these are quite wide (or the Proline Wedges are a narrow tyre) and had to stretch the tyres over the wheels.

ne7ejyre.jpg

Esc just sat there for demonstration purposes and will be fixed properly before soldering. I will need a shorter sensor wire to keep everything tidy easier as the one that came with the motor is relatively long.

yzyze7u7.jpg

All that's left now is to fit the pinion, set the mesh, and then some soldering.

I'm not promising anything yet, but there's a chance it could be ready for it's first race at St Pirans Raceway this Sunday...

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of small updates on progress.

The pinion is on and meshed properly, the car's all soldiered up and got it powered up for the first time.

Should be able to get it over to St Pirans on Sunday to play with set ups.

Also just recieved the cab forward shell today.

b678d82d60f7764ad6c82bcd652aea45.jpg

Can anyone recommend some painters for me? As i'd like this one done professionally.

I hate ball diffs!

Took it out to the local astro pitch today for some basic testing, and the diff kept on slacking itself off, so i removed the screw and nut, cleaned them both up and replaced them with some threadlock and run it again.

Still the same problem.

Tightened it up once more, and sheared the screw.

I've since decided that ball diffs are the worst invention in the world of everything and have ordered a 22SCT RTC gear diff.

I'm much happier tuning gear diffs and can go safe in the knowledge that the car wont (shouldn't) lose drive again...