• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rhodey's D3 Clone..

things aren't all good yet Craig I'm having some seriously bad wheel chatter that i just can fathom being new to the CS side of drifting its testing me tbf bud and cant see a resolve coming quickly I still haven't had more than 5 mins testing it yet... and the beemer shell will be going soon or staying on the shelf.. but the 55* cvd's haven't helped the chatter problems and the only way i can stop it is by limiting the steering right down and that kinda defeats the whole CS idea lol i might even make it RWD yet as I dont have the best of patience limitations.. lol

P.S cheers bud they do look the dogs dangley's lol

Edited by WreckitRhodey

What is the ratio of CS? What surface are you running on? Chatter can be from a few things but sometimes it can be a mixture of the surface and the ratio. If you have checked the obvious ones like bearings being lubed and seated correctly, greased CVDs, angle checks etc try looking at these

Rubbish tarmac combined super slow front wheels that aren't rolling particularly free can cause chatter as they switch from sliding to turn, back and forth. 

Suspension can be too hard, that can cause bouncing while driving and transitioning. The causes the wheels to suddenly gain and lose traction that can lead to chatter.

Got a front one way in it? That can bind it up if not lubed. 

Does it do it is the car is stationary and if it is what servo are you using? My last plastic geared servo would chatter just before the gears stripped so it was slipping on full lock giving the chatter.

Probably going down the wrong path but it could be worth a look :)

Edited by scratcher

the CS ratio is the same as the D3 @ 2.14 and the tarmac shouldn't be a bother as all the other lads who run there have no issues and its quite new tarmac and very flat,

the angles are nowhere near 55* atm which is what the cvd's are good for i think myself its just poorly made front knucles and c hubs the c hubs look to be carrying about 11* of caster which is probably  abit high so i was thinking of buying the D3 plastic front arms and doing the c hub delete mod on them to see if it helps 

and i wouldn't think its the servo dude its a brand new alturn and  seems fit whats getting me atm is its chattering n with no wieght on the wheels its just dead strange

thanks though gents, looks like im just going  to have to wait till somewheres got the bottom arms and knuckles in stock and  try that