• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:10 Buggy, ESC + Motor ?

Deafty

I'll do read later.  tenshock ok ? or those better?   Thanks.

skipping ahead:

Tires.  I struggle to find anything for outdoor very dusty, loose and bumpy that will do more than 30 mins.  :(

so far everything is under budget but will this be the killer. ?  What do u fellas expect to get from ya tires?

Each track is different when it comes to tire wear. Most tires don't last very long and is what makes the hobby expensive, that's one of the reason I went to 2wd as my tire cost has been cut in half. The best thing tire wise is to use what everyone else uses. The track I race at a set of tires really lasts as its like no other tracks and is a real off road track.

Edited by alex97

Thanks for all your help so far fellas :)

Nearly there.

Pinions:  require 48p

Theres a nice cheap set on rcmart from yeah racing,. not the best but certainly not the worst.  I need a few to dial in with as I have none :( so this seems sensible for me.

1. Stock spur is 78t 
  2. drive ratio is 2.43:1

with an 8.5t on 2s where would you start?

with an 10.5t on 2s where would you start?

kits come from 15t-20t incl or 21-26t incl.  which would you get?  and both is not the right answer Johnny :lol:

Edited by Deafty

yeah not my 1st time with em.

Looking at he cheapy you mentioned at the mo,. depends how much I get for my 8th scale stuff ;)

ESC 120a Hobbywing 10th scale.

Edited by Deafty