• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

anderson m5 cross, brand new chain slipping off, help please

tonyx

HI Just joined this site today so still trying to find whats what and best way to ask questions ,so any help from seasoned members will be great , took delivery of anderson m5 cross yesterday , read the limited instructions and then went out for my first ride , well tried it 10/12 times never went more than 1 to 2 metres and the chain slipped off , so i moved the back wheel each time and put the chain back on but it slipped off every time ,bear in mind this is from the box and i have not changed any settings (not that at present i would know what to change )

so then i took it back home looked at it not sure why, but the chain back on and tried again this time it made a high pitch noise but the chain never moved , its being picked up by suppliers on monday they say they will sort it out and return to me , but just thinking have i got a duff one , we all know how it feels when unboxing goes wrong , thanks for any help any tips and tricks will be great just hope its not my first and last bike  

''this time it made a high pitch noise but the chain never moved''

This says to me that the grubscrew holding the front sprocket in position needs tightening, or the pinion mesh on the motor/spur gear is way off, or the spur gear pin has gone awol, or the spur gear has split, or the grubscrew holding the pinion on the motor shaft needs tightening.

As for the chain jumping problem, I can offer no immediate solution. I have a well worn slack as Alice chain and it never jumps off. A picture might help out. Use photobucket, imageshack et al.

Edited by jb.

HI Just joined this site today so still trying to find whats what and best way to ask questions ,so any help from seasoned members will be great , took delivery of anderson m5 cross yesterday , read the limited instructions and then went out for my first ride , well tried it 10/12 times never went more than 1 to 2 metres and the chain slipped off , so i moved the back wheel each time and put the chain back on but it slipped off every time ,bear in mind this is from the box and i have not changed any settings (not that at present i would know what to change )

so then i took it back home looked at it not sure why, but the chain back on and tried again this time it made a high pitch noise but the chain never moved , its being picked up by suppliers on monday they say they will sort it out and return to me , but just thinking have i got a duff one , we all know how it feels when unboxing goes wrong , thanks for any help any tips and tricks will be great just hope its not my first and last bike  

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/188943-a-guide-to-the-anderson-m5-15-motocross-bike/

this link takes you to the M5  tips n hints page.