• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot motor brushless hyper7

papasmurf

thought u had the tenshock??yes the 4082 is a beasty motor so I've heard on here

I did have the tenshock but when he was sorting out and packaging it he unfortunately dropped it :( he did give me a full refund which I can't complain about

Rob

I did have the tenshock but when he was sorting out and packaging it he unfortunately dropped it :( he did give me a full refund which I can't complain about

Rob

dropped it?!?...and what happened to it??..im sure a drop aint gonna hurt it considering what abuse they take in a rc.....cant see the 5mm shaft bending....unless a motor wire mount snapped off then it might b useless. ....... Edited by evssv

dropped it?!?...and what happened to it??..im sure a drop aint gonna hurt it considering what abuse they take in a rc.....cant see the 5mm shaft bending....unless a motor wire mount snapped off then it might b useless. .......

Just sent you a DM

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Just given the car a blast up & down the road.

Wow what a difference that motor has made, it's so much quicker now & it just lifts the front wheels when setting off. All the esc settings as standard & it's an 18T pinion, as far as running temps go it was at 25c after 5-6 full throttle runs so I'm guessing it will be fine even with the kids driving.

Rob

Rob

Hey bud, I JB welded and CA glued it. Seems fine on the bench test on 5s. Bought a hyper 7 roller from Tatts for the missus to come play with me lol ( she's not drivin my babies :P ), just waiting on the ESC from china and I'll have everything I need to convert. Will let you know how it goes :P

Ok m8 I managed to get another & first impression is good, esc settings back to standard with a 18T pinion and I can just lift the front wheels & temps are below 30 after 5-6 full throttle runs (2-3 sec blast & full brake) so hopefully it will be perfect with a little tweak

Rob

I know but more speed = more fun :)

It's now more like I was expecting when I first converted,

decision time now do I buy another combo for the roller I have, put the nitro back in it or just keep it as spares??

Rob

I'd think about a 150 esc for sure...blue/black xerun maybe....or simular .i run 2 and there both sweet..In my hyper and mt4g3. .. ..it will complement ur motor and get the best out of it...and give u a bigger grin when u try a 6s!!!....spares...u'll need em sooner if not later Edited by evssv
  • Like 1