• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

4.6 trophy truggy shocks

jeff66

hi all

been doing a lot of reading on your forum about big bore shocks for the hpi truggy.just to clarify if I was to change the stock ones.would  these fit.also is there any other makes that would fit

hobao 16mm not sure on the length   (hyper st I think)

and

hong nor  20mm not sure on length

vorza shocks

also I would like to now if I was to change the stock end caps to alloys would this be as good as the above as I was reading that a lot of the plastic ones break.

the car will be used mainly on flat areas,until we get use to the car.

very new at the hobby and every little bit of info helps.

thank you

would ansmann 120mm  by 20mm fit and are they any good and could I replace all 4 with these,

thanks again

Edited by jeff66

Generally most shocks are interchangeable for the mere fact that most, if not all shocks are mounted in very similar ways. Even if the mounts are wrong you can swap them out for different ball joints or standoffs. I would perhaps suggest going with the same bore shocks though, just to eliminate any possibility of the shock body being too wide??

I'm not sure what serious basher/racer wouldn't swap plastic caps out, they're what take the brunt of the crash when you nose dive into the ground therefore I'd highly suggest buying ally shock caps.

Hope this helps

thanks for the reply.very new at this.and was still searching the forum and come across the ansmann shocks that some one suggested.

are the stock shocks as good as any other make once the plastic end caps have been changed to alloy ones.

we will not be doing any big jumps mainly on flat ground until my son gets use to the handling of the car

thanks again

No sense in big bores if u don't need em.  Try and get the alu caps for the Trophy, though may be hard to come by :(

With big bores there are some fitment issues on the trophy series.  So unless you like mucking around doing that kinda thing stick with the stockers.

Edited by Deafty

thanks for the reply.very new at this.and was still searching the forum and come across the ansmann shocks that some one suggested.

are the stock shocks as good as any other make once the plastic end caps have been changed to alloy ones.

we will not be doing any big jumps mainly on flat ground until my son gets use to the handling of the car

thanks again

Avoid the 16mm Ansmann Big Bores. I ran them on my TT 4.6. Thought they were great at first but they turned out to be rubbish. Looked awesome but performed a lot worse than the stock shocks.. :(

The stock shocks are pretty good to be fair. They certainly took all the abuse I could throw at them..

http://youtu.be/7mUzbEWFhI8?t=2m59s

I was launching it off that ramp a lot of times and the only damage I did was bending one shock rod. Personally, I'd just upgrade the shock caps and not worry about big bores.. At least until you decide you want 20ft+ air off a ramp. lol  :thumbsup:

thanks for the reply.

I take your advice on the end caps as I do not think that it will be getting abused as much as some ive seen on the vids.

like the look of your car

Edited by jeff66