• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's TLR 8ight-T 2.0

Glad its all sorted and i'm just window shopping to be honest.. I have heard about the bottoming out and some folks say that even the purple springs don't quite sort it as there a little short ???? 

Tried the slow and steady game once or twice but it just don't float my boat that and a lack of area's to use them to the full potential in my neck of the woods or lack off so to speak 

I'm happy with it as it is, in terms of the bottoming out, I think it's as good as it's going to get and unless you really ramp it, it doesn't thud like you see some of them doing.

I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't bottom out at all, it still does if you land a bit badly, but thankfully they're built like a tank, so it can take it, and it's a hell of a lot better than it was.

Edited by Oh How Original

• 2 weeks later...

hi we've got the same truggy what do i need to convert it 

Presuming yours is running nitro?

You'll need a brushless conversion kit, either the Losi one or the Tekno V4, you can also buy the MonsterRC motor mount, but then you still need everything else separately which is why I decided against it in the end.

Then you need a decent servo (if you haven't already got one) a 1/8 scale motor (around 2000-2100kv is perfect for running on 4s) you also need a 1/8 scale ESC, I recommend the HobbyWing 150A.

Then some LiPos, also bare in mind a decent charger to charge them.

And also if you've no idea about LiPos, be sure to do a bit of reading about safe charging and safe storage :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Had this out today for the first time in quite a while!

The ESC still won't set up correctly, despite trying every combination of motor timing, tx settings, and motor wires.

Also don't rate Proline shells either, this is the first time this shell has had a bashing and I've basically snapped it in two.

I was going easy as well, because currently, reverse and forwards and vie versa, so it's taking some getting used to, therefore I've been going slow.

A couple of jumps later and theirs only a small amount of the shell connecting the bonnet part to the rest, a part at the front completely snapped off as well.

Total crap, won't buy another Proline shell anyway.

Go back to the Losi one me thinks.

I also hadn't planned on buying anything for the RCs in the near future, but this hasn't had anything new for quite a while, what's peoples opinions on the 150a Quicrun?

Might bite the bullet and buy one, this ESC is still fine to use, just going to take some getting used to, which I can't really be bothered with.

IMG_4416_zps343797e1.jpg