• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new from South Wales

Hi all new to the sport so any hints or tips would be welcome

After spending years on motorbikes and finally told to get of the bloody things as I have a family, thought I would take up a hobby I was interested in when growing u. Have to say the cars have moved on a bit sinceI was aa kid.

Got hold of my first nitro project a few months ago a hpi rush evo none runner. Stripped it back to the bare bones fitted new piston, piston sleeve and con rod, full new racing clutch bell and assembly, new shell. Bought a few hop up parts from abroad and have to say was pretty pleased with what was done, run it in as it should and it went like stink.

Wanted something with higher ground clearance and generally a bigger model so was offered a swap with a savage 25 again a project yhat needed rebuilding but sadly I was ripped off in the deal and never received anything back after posting my truck off. Lesson learnt

Now have a thunder tiger mta4 s28 again a none runner but only needed a good clean out and a new spur gear bit of tuning and is now running as sweet as a nut, looking forward to taking it out on its first good run