• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which Radio is Best for me?

Ruthless-SmAk

Hey all =) Happy 4th!!!  Anyways I'm not really new to RC but I've been out of it for a while about 8 years, shoot the last time I ran my cars Crystals were still out lol.  and I never heard of Brushless lol.  OK heres my issue I want to get a new Radio, receiver, and servos for my HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6.  right now I'M using stock.  I'm not going to race it, it's just for casual fun to hang out with my son and teach him the hobby.  

Now I'm a Disabled Army Veteran (yes I live in the USA) lol anyways as you know the VA don't pay very well so I would like to keep the costs down but at the same time I want good equipment ie..Waterproof, Metal, HT,HS Servos Iv'e seen Futaba's for around 80 each thats not bad.  When I had my Revo and T-Maxx before I bought a Futaba Radio and I was Happy with it and I learned to use it pretty well, the question is, do I need to run FASST or FHSS? and I do plan on adding to my collection in the future, like the Savage 5.9, either the HPI D8S Nitro or the HPI Pulse 4.6 haven't decided on it yet.

Also looking into a couple electric street cars, like the Traxxas XO-1(not crazy about Traxxas though) so IM also looking at the OFNA GT-V2e F-Type or CV-Type not sure what the Difference is between the two.  OK now that I have chatted your eyes off lol I will let you all reply and see what your responses are.  Thank you for your Help in Advance and I hope to hear something soon! =)

Thanks!

-Ruthless-SmAk  post-34659-0-63548500-1404489140_thumb.j

if your budget is low look at flysky radio`s they cost about $50--60 depending on were you look and the receivers are very cheap aswell which is good if your on a budget as for waterproof servo`s either hitec or savox both are metal geared and prices vary on were you look i had a savox 0231 and the board burnt out on me after a couple of month but you really need a bec or glitch buster to really use them i got it replaced quite easily. i also have a hitec hs-5646wp in my scx10 the only problem ive had with that one is the brass middle gear stripping but you can buy replacement gears cheaply 

Edited by mini-z-awd