• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas TRX 3.3 Engine Problems

RCrecord000

Hello,

I have a Traxxas T Maxx 3.3 and I have recently been having engine problems. The engine starts up straight away and will run perfect. A few minutes later the engine will cut out, but will not start up again, the engine only spins. After about 5 mins of sitting around it will start again. It sounds like it is overheating but i am sure it is not. I have replaced the glow plug but that has not made a difference. I really need help with this. :angrymad: 

Yeah, you're correct, it's probably vapour lock. This is when the engine overheats, and the pressure in it is higher than the fuel line pressure (which is lower than the fuel tank pressure anyway). Simply, the fuel doesn't want to go to the carb.

This means that you're too lean. Try to richen your HSN. If you continue to have this problem, it means that there is a fault in your fuel delivery system- pressure. Make sure all your fuel lines are up to standard, and that the fuel tank is well sealed. Also, you might want to take the exhaust off and clean the inside, or buy a better exhaust.

Lastly, some people might say a higher grade fuel has cooler running temps, I'm not sure myself.

• Like 1

Im sure its the start of many many troubles mate I went through It it too finally saw smoke from the head then later the con rod snapped. If I was you ide start saving up for a picco 26 or something else. There's an os18 on ebay now for 80 with upgrade head and pipe fitted. But still keep going with this engine and hope for the best. If it dies youll have money ready. Picco 26 can be found for 50 upwards dependent on conditions.

The picco would need a picco tmaxx engine mount tho.

The os18 will bolt straight on I think as it does the revo3.3.