• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx Sidewinder Brushless

scoobydoo

Im thinking of buying a sidewinder 1/8 brushless, anybody have any experience with them are they durable, how are ftx for parts actually, yesterday i went back driveng xxxnt after over 2 years in storage, got the engine running after 3 or 4 tries only to realize that the driveshaft had broken on it and the one i had on to replace it was too short, which was probably why i put it in to storage in the first place, i went onto the tinterbob anyway to order a new one and theres very few parts out there now for the xxxnt, which is why im wondering how ftx is for parts, ive noticed with traxxas youll still find parts for a car years after its gone out of production. i was thinking either the sidewinder, a vaterra glamis or a losi 22 but i would rather a 1/8 scale although the 22 does look fairly class. 

The Sidewinder is in this or last months RRCi. Loads of info there. I have the Viper 4x4 and that is covered too.

Good luck, enjoying my Viper. 3s LiPo supplied and goes from 0 to casualty in 4 seconds!

I've got the brushed but I have never run it as I went off the idea. The quality seems very good and the whole car has been well designed. I would get the burshed as I don't think the brushless system is big enough for the size of the car. I'm planning to sell my one so if your interested Drop me a pm.

Thanks I might get back to you ill have to think about it, itl be next month anyway cos I only get paid monthly. Any ideas of what would be a good brushless combo for it, I'm only looking for speed I'm not too bothered about low speed performance cos ill only be driving it in big car parks