• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Purcys Snow panther Mission D Bargain busting skids!

PurcyP

cheers dude.

i think the bd7 spool will do it, just want to play with the damn thing lol oh well once this metal spool is in that will be it..no more breakages..for that end of the car anyway lol

Yeah the DRB Spool and most parts are from the BD5 and BD5 parts BD7 and BD7 etc etc etc yardy yar yar.

So yea the Spool i have coming 99% should fit, ill be mighty shocked if it doesnt lol. 

Just need DHL to hurry up n get it out of germany haha 

WOO HOO WE ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!

Spec R BD7 Spool with spring steel outdrives is a go! id highly advise getting one as soon as you buy the car as the plastic one will break. 

So basically as suspected since it is a DRB Clone which is yokomo, and the Yokomo DRB Parts are shared with the BD5 which also shares parts with the BD7 its newer brother, if you need spares, well yokomo bd7 is the go ahead in terms of pullies, spools and diffs.

I plan to swap out the ball diff at the front for a gear diff again from yokomo. 

but yes i am happy! the spool cost

So just went out for my first run since getting it repaired 

zero breakages! yay! the rear spec R spool is absolutely fine, zero issues there

i did do some setting up, the belts were way too tight out the factory so loosened them off a touch.

The 22t brushed motor its okay, the tyres could definitely be better, i feel better tyres to get a touch more grip would help the 22t motor out and still slide easy

I dont think it will be a good idea putting my 6.5t brushless in there i got laying about, may absolutely destroy the drive train of the car lol 

But also i want to look into counter steer, so some different pullies will be in order i think! 

Will get a vid of how it is soon with maybe a track laid out 

but overall im happy, its survived! 

Edited by PurcyP
  • Like 1

and a video, stuck my novak 6.5t in with hobbywing 2.1 the plastic tyres are guff to be honest, will need to get better ones 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqo_hwJFl6g

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry folks been a while

ive stripped the spur and havnt had a chance to replace it

the tyres that come with the car are also ruined now, very hard plastic on rough concrete has shredded em