• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Northwest Event Anyone Interested ?

CJCMods

hi good people i contacted the people who fund this Large BMX Track in Coppull and i was thinking of it being a place for a Event Weekend ? it has room for cars, Marques(For Pit Areas and Charging), and has large containers onsite. how many people would be interested ? plus Any Advice who has run events before would be a great help. I am hoping this can be a big thing and can happen every year and hold championships here hope all of you are enthusiastic about the idea as of me :) Anyone from anywhere can Enter
Heres also a video might give you an insight of how big of area it is

heres some pics

http://lh5.ggpht.com/watney69/SMFBiXBmWXI/AAAAAAAAAVI/U9wwpe90TSQ/coppull.JPG

http://www.midlancsbmx.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Mid-Lancs-Mix-Pics-005-800x6001.jpg

Edited by CJCMods

just got a e-mail from there committee and we have permission to use there track. But they want to charge to use it. but the charge i dont know untill they have a meeting about it and get back to me

This i would up for, coppull is 5 mins away from me :-) dont mind paying if we have a permanant place to bash/race. What scale cars are we talking here though? Nitro and petrol ok due to noise levels??

This i would up for, coppull is 5 mins away from me :-) dont mind paying if we have a permanant place to bash/race. What scale cars are we talking here though? Nitro and petrol ok due to noise levels??

yeah nitro and petrol are fine as its not near any residents  i would say any scale cars or off-road would be fine 

well i am open to peoples ideas cause this is all new to me so i need help lol so any ideas i will list down and do a format i was thinking doing stages as in Electric event followed by a Nitro then Petrol cause noise wont be an issue. and was thinking of a Budget build Destruction derby just an idea 

Id go for a run what ua bung event as most people would be happier with that as any thing is well come then but with a limit to the noise made by cars.

but its not up 2 me.

good idea but classes would need to be established, its not a good idea to run a 1/10 tamiya buggy around a track at the same time as a 1/5 baja? If a baja or any 1/5 scale car was to collide with a 1/10 tamiya buggy then theres not going to be much left of the tamiya, seperate classes imo need to be done, 1/10 class, 1/8 class and 1/5 class, im not sure but i dont think running smaller scale stuff at the same time as large scale stuff is a good idea, its asking for trouble.

I would do 4 classes for electric and 2 for nitro and 2 for petrol.

electric classes would be

brushed car

brushless car

brushed off-road

brushless off-road

nitro on road

nitro off road

petrol on road

petrol off road

for a event id do 3 races each with points and a final round with some bash time in between for each class.

id try to do a event like that if i knew how to set up the classes.

nice one i just need wait for the committee meeting before i know how much they wanna charge but even if you cant theres always a refreshments van across the road on a pub car park :)

I would be up for it depending on the cost, i would probably be bringing my brother too who's 14, we both run 1/8 nitro buggys and i have a 1/8 truggy and 2 1/10 trucks all nitro i could bring.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...