• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

budget hyper 7 conversion (now with video of my choices)

I'm only on the 120A esc, although saying that the motor only wants to draw 80a so the other 40a is for burst+acceleration, hopefully it'll run cool enough to be reliable.

Oh and i got a control card too, i like the idea of the drag brake etc.

Yeah i have a tracking number for some DF-02 parts from HK, the tracking says "it arrived in the uk on the 12th"..... yeah....so..... why is it not on the car already!

I'm guessing those pesky customs are having a peek and taking their time with it.

2000kv seemed to be around about the right kv rating googling around places, we shall see how it goes!

So with the 150A esc can you run 6c batteries with that motor? Or is the motor the limiting factor? In the description of the turnigy it says 4s max?

I'll post a few pics of the conversion as and when i do it. then a vid of how quick it is.

Edit:

aha i see! you beat me to it!

Got a charger for sale if you need one dude! See my for sale thread....

Sent from my HTC one using my thumbs

ok, i've gone for the 1900kv motor and 120a esc, with a 19T pinion and the ebay linked conversion kit.

Now i'm skint!

I just need to make up a series wire for my lipo's because they were not in stock, unless i can find some between now and then, because my conversion kit is coming from somewhere in spain so i have time

xt60 connectors methinks

Thinking or ordering this lot this week now I've sold the SS only problem is I got cash so need to put it in the bank lol

Rob

I've got everything bar The conversion kit. Which I'm hoping is at work waiting on my desk. Only problem I've had so far is. You need the waterproof/turbo turnigy trackstar program card not just the standard program card.  Bah humbug! 

Only a fiver so I'll keep it. It'll probably cost that in postage and packing to get it back to hobby King

Want some pics when I have a min? I've already had it out and set the trim points to my controller lol

Edited by vibrating_cake

Photos are alway good :)

I seem to have ordered 1900kv/120a combo, well I think I have as hk has sent me an email about my order the only problem is I never clicked buy and the email has no payment details lol

Guess they will cancel it or maybe send me another email with a bill attached lol

Think I'm going to run mine on 4s but still not 100% which ones I should go for.

Rob

I've gone for the 1900kv 120a combo and it looks cracking.

120a draw at 4s voltage (14.8v) is around about 2 horse power, to put it into perspective :).

iirc the hyper engine was about 1.2 horse power on a very good day

Edited by vibrating_cake
  • Like 1

Took mine down the local track yesterday. Went really well, even on 3s! Make sure you threadlock the motor mount and motor screws!

Sent from my HTC one using my thumbs

What setup is that using?

P.s. i want videos! :D

Edit: don't make me too jealous, my conversion kit has not come yet!!!!!!

Edited by vibrating_cake

I've got everything bar The conversion kit. Which I'm hoping is at work waiting on my desk. Only problem I've had so far is. You need the waterproof/turbo turnigy trackstar program card not just the standard program card.  Bah humbug! 

Only a fiver so I'll keep it. It'll probably cost that in postage and packing to get it back to hobby King

Want some pics when I have a min? I've already had it out and set the trim points to my controller lol

is it this one I need?http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__42932__Turnigy_TrackStar_Turbo_and_Waterproof_ESC_Programming_Box_UK_Warehouse_.html

also can anybody recommend a suitable charger and 4s lipo

P.S

sorry to hijack your thread :)

Rob 

yes, that is the one!

Thats from the European warehouse (which is the only place it is in stock) it'll cost a little more in postage but you won't have to pay import duty etc, iirc it's free to deliver around the EU.

Oh and papa smurf, if you're ever down the leeds area in the near future (or i'm up your end) could i be cheeky and change a couple of settings on mine (unless i have one by then that is!) seeing as though i bought the wrong bloody one!

• Like 1

I've just paid for my combo but will order battery's/charger in a week or so as for the program card as soon as I have one I will let you know and we can sort something out.

I'm not sure if I should order the conversion kit off eBay or wait for modelsport to get some stock in.

Rob

in my eyes, about 2-3 week delivery from ebay was quicker than the estimated date on modelsport (which is estimated so may be longer)

Saying that, it's now the 10th working day since i ordered the conversion kit and it is still not here, bah humbug indeed!!!

It's coming from spain, and the "tracker" is incredibly detailed.

details include

"in transit"

and that is all!

I wonder how much longer i will need to wait.

I'm running 2x 2s's in series initially, but i may run on 2s to "run it in" (aka get all the faults and niggles out like loose pinion, incorrect mesh etc) before launching into 4s (2x 2s 5000mah each 30-40c each)

Saying that, i don't have the conversion kit yet, so it could be a while!

I've just paid for my combo but will order battery's/charger in a week or so as for the program card as soon as I have one I will let you know and we can sort something out.

I'm not sure if I should order the conversion kit off eBay or wait for modelsport to get some stock in.

Rob

Been waiting nearly two weeks for the eBay one and its still not here , though there is something a the post office for me

Edited by Hyper-d

Received my conversion kit today :) hopefully do a build thread for mine soon

What date did you order it?

That must mean mine is not far away!!!

I hope anyway.

Go for it, i'll be doing a couple of pics for the first page of this thread, i just cant decide how to mount the aerial, the hyper 7 reciever box is well oversized, i dont think i'll have room for it all

I have the same setup as dubberz.I'm sticking with 3s it's useable and still abit of a handful.will happily slide the back in the bends which I like.