• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

****(Hong nor / Jammin Owners Club)****

I see! Will have a look into that when I get the chance, my main priority is my shell as my current one has a great big hole in the top and tbh looks pretty crappy! not fond of the pink and black at all!

Barny,

Are those nanda blocks or proline badlands that you're running in your vid?

I managed to rip my pre glued nanda blacks off the rims the first time I ran mine on a 4s lipo 5000mah 40c!

I need some decent wheels and tyres! Haha!

George,

Have you decided on motor/esc combo yet?

I can definitely recommend the Hobbywing Quicrun combo that I have! Very, very powerful and waterproof too!

I'll get some snaps over this weekend and hopefully post them too!

George,

Have you decided on motor/esc combo yet?

I can definitely recommend the Hobbywing Quicrun combo that I have! Very, very powerful and waterproof too!

I'll get some snaps over this weekend and hopefully post them too!

Hmm I'm very undecided! How much did the combo cost you?

At the moment I've got 120a esc (thanks to barnestah) and a HK 1900kv motor. It was only

Barny,

Are those nanda blocks or proline badlands that you're running in your vid?

I managed to rip my pre glued nanda blacks off the rims the first time I ran mine on a 4s lipo 5000mah 40c!

I need some decent wheels and tyres! Haha!

Yes there Nanda blocks lol. I did the same a couple of times. Most people recommend duck but at the moment I am trying kevlar thread.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPAtcxEq2Qo

Seem a good idea but as I am waiting on new drive shafts I have not tested them yet.

Well first off when I went to take it for a run last weekend I noticed I had lost the rear centre drive cup & bearing. So whilst look looking for a replacement I found that I should really have universal drive shafts front and rear. (off the centre diff.) At the moment it's set with drive cups and dog bones. I guess that's another thing that the guy didn't tell me when I purchased it. Also when I got it, one of the first things in noticed was that the rear d/shaft was only just staying put and had bits of masking tape rolled up to stop it falling out. lol. That's ok tho as I enjoy making things right again & improving them along the way.

One question if I may... as I know you have the big bore shocks. What are the width of them? Because I got some off of a X3 sabre and they pretty much touch the front drive shafts. It might be I need longer stand of f's I suppose.

Edited by barnestah

Yes there Nanda blocks lol. I did the same a couple of times. Most people recommend duck but at the moment I am trying kevlar thread.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPAtcxEq2Qo

Seem a good idea but as I am waiting on new drive shafts I have not tested them yet.

Yeah when mine came off I took all the tyres off and belted them with book binding tape - really strong with material impregnated.

And, what you've both been waiting for............................................

I went out in the workshop (my shed haha!) and took some pictures.

Excuse the shell, its been well and truly batterered!

03B0BC9D-6866-46CD-BB6E-DE3C75CEDB5D_zps

I've sleeved all the motor cables in heatproof material tubing I got from work

6781718B-59D4-4687-9FD2-7CB61D2B5902_zps

6375AB29-D1BD-4F85-AB53-01EEA6189C07_zps

1AA5E807-1BB8-419A-90F5-41BDC4C2770F_zps

E5CCD8A2-7B4C-44A1-8E99-A18E084917CD_zps

7F3A3161-3932-4F41-9FFF-5D57B8108262_zps

91174622-E7A0-4418-ADCD-807263A11D29_zps

Let me know what you think guys!

Goin out bashing tomorrow if the rain stays off, so hopefully I'll be able to upload some video!

Nice.. A fellow LX2E body user.

It's odd to see the steering servo upright tho. Mine is laying down.

Also I've got some spare shock turrets if you wanted to double them up. It's a cheap alternative to new cnc shock towers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey Barny,

Nice.. A fellow LX2E body user.
It's odd to see the steering servo upright tho. Mine is laying down.

Also I've got some spare shock turrets if you wanted to double them up. It's a cheap alternative to new cnc shock towers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cheers!

The shell actually came in with the Hong Nor conversion kit. Unfortunately not painted, and this one seems to be the worst paint job I've done. Gutted!

Also, the kit meant replacing the servo and receiver holder. I think with other kits the original one is just cut down to leave the servo in its original position.

That'd be cool, what do you want for them?

Oh, and because I've found this buggy to be so good and very tough I've just bought the X1X CRT! I'll get some pics up when it arrives!

Another Hong Nor owner here. Love them, tough little buggers. I'll let the photos do the talking. 

X2-CR brushless conversion. Xerun 2200kv and Savox

9E4E7F21-ACFA-430C-B152-BF37ED3ADEAC-147

D9A547C6-F2F2-4728-AEC9-10980842B876-365

X1-CRT with most of the hop ups (Also converted, just switch the motor and esc between this and X2)

file_zps49a45f90.jpg

CRT.5 brushless (currently not working)

DSC01277.jpg

They are all awesome. CRT is probably my favourite though. 

Yeah, I'll have them cheers matey!

PM me your PayPal details and I'll sort it in the morning.

It's the one that came with the conversion kit it's 13t.

I need to get some more, different sizes. Where did you get yours from?

Nice! I do like LX2 shell, gonna need to get myself one! Mm that is weird with the standing up servo, but at least you've got a receiver box! Looks good though!

What sort of speeds are you currently getting?

Loving the CRT, jealous that you can fit two battery boxs too!

Love that last photo, good action shot!

Thanks, although the internal photo is the CR. The original Castle battery trays broke so I had someone custom build some in metal. A little heavier but way way stronger. 

The CRT has just the one battery tray, but can take a big battery. I only run 4S in each, with a 17T I find thats more than enough for bashing. I did run 6S once in the CR and it was just crazy. Pretty sure I'd crash it and right it off!!

Yep, too fast for bashing IMO (for me anyway!!!). I've heard that 5s is the sweet spot for bashing but not tried it yet.

Yep heard the same thing so planning on getting a 5s when funds allow.

6s is great fun tho if you get the gearing right and are careful on the throttle.

Also toying with the idea of putting the esc over front above the front drive shaft. To help with balance and front end weight.