• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Alex's b5m

Alex97

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit of an update...

After my first time on carpet I think I did alright. I was 3rd on the grid and won the C final by over a lap and my time would have put me 5th in the b final beating a lot of people who go there most weeks. I would have qualified higher but one car won't move out of my way and was blocking me even though I was much faster.

The car did really well even though I had a lot of under steer as the rear end was to soft so I struggled with the sharp corners and it didn't help that it was a small track. I also think I was only on 80% power as I lowered it for someone else to use so I was very slow on the straights.

I'm sort of happy with my result but I think I could have done better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

After getting a dex410 to use over the winter I went back to my b5m around February. Nothing much has really changed other than the ESC, the other one blew up!

I've been doing really well with at my track, normally there is a few 2wd and most weeks I win for the 2wd buggy's. I've also been beating some of the 4wd buggy's,that feels nice as the track is really bumpy so suites the 4wd's a little better so my light weight car gets thrown around a little so it can be hard to control the car.

After deciding to get a SCT I've gone for the tenko 410.3, I've done a few laps with my friends and its super easy to drive and fast around the corners.

Edited by alex97