• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Astute for sale.

KingPin

Hi all, i really need to clear some space in my workroom so ive decided to let this one go.

Its a Tamiya Astute, that i bought with the intention of restoring and to be honest, other projects got in the way!

The body shell/underguard/rear wing included is pretty much shot, theres numerous splits and some pvc tape holding the nose on, i concentrated on restoring the chassis only.

It was in reasonable condition when i bought it, with only a few light scratches on the underside of the chassis,a load of dirt all over it and some really bald tyres!

I stripped the whole chassis, and gave it a light coat of auto matt black. I cleaned all metal components, washed all plastic ones and fitted a NIP screw set (all bags, A/B/C/D)

The CVA shocks were bled, and rebuilt with fresh oil and seals and new parts where needed.

The gearbox was also stripped, regreased with some new bearings on the ball diff.

The wheels were sanded and again painted matt black and new tyres fitted, (super gripper on the front,schumacher buggy tyres on the rear)

The whole of the geartrain is ballraced, as well as the front/rear axles/wheels and a new steering servo fitted.

The chassis now looks really good, but sadly i couldnt track a pair of new rear wheels from anywhere, so i chose some which are a good match.

I will also include quite a few spares, including some incomplete sprues.........."D PARTS" x 3 "C PARTS" X 2 "E PARTS" X 1 (although only 3 parts left on that one!)

Theres some yellow cva parts, still on the sprues and a couple of servo horns, and some unused ball diff internals.

Also included are a small box of brand new, never used screws/washers/bolts etc, left over from the resto and all the old screws/washers/bolts i removed, which are handy for spares.

Lastly, there is a 23 pinion,and a spare 77 spur gear.

NO BOX OR ELECS (EXCEPT THE SERVO) ARE INCLUDED IN THE SALE.

Im after

Edited by KingPin

Ok, I can include a new silver 540 can motor, Acoms 27mhz reciever/transmitter(with crystals) and Tamiya TEU101BK ESC, for

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...