• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo for mt maverick evo s

Speeeed

The battery tray is shaped for nimh packs but if you dremel / scrape it flat (I used a sharp chisel) and flip the hold down piece you can fit a standard sized Lipo. I used a tunigy nanotech 5800mah 2s 40-80c which fits with room to spare... just measure carefully and check size in specs.

The brushed esc doesn't have a Lipo cutoff, not sure about the evo s. A Lipo alarm is a cheap purchase so grab one anyway to be sure?

Edited by ghazghul

2s. Check the max volts on the esc spec (should be in manual) as I'm pretty sure 2s (8.4v fully charged) is your limit.

I'm not running stock electrics (or much else!) and the battery has been awesome so far... the C rating is important. C rating x battery capacity = how much current it can deliver. So 40c x 5.8A = 232A continous. Double that for peak loads. If current available exceeds demands of your electrics you have a happy battery and happy electrics plus instant power when you want it.

Yep, but double check the measurements with your car to be sure.  A hardcase pack will be more robust and have even more current capacity but cost a bit more.

Make sure the connector fits or be prepared to change the connector on the battery or your esc.  You can find sellers who will change the connector on the battery for you... depends how happy you are soldering chunky wires.

Also make sure you have read and understood : http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/21028-lipo-the-big-guide-thread-updated-march-10/