• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

If you got an iphone or similar, just search for free speedometer, i got one but too scared to put my iphone on the mta and watch it rattling round lol

Drive shaft question

Can you buy just the dog bone or do you have to buy complete part including cvd

If so can you provide part number

I have lost 1 drive shaft and think its a bit much to buy complete set as replacement

Edited by angieamyabbie

Drive shaft question

Can you buy just the dog bone or do you have to buy complete part including cvd

If so can you provide part number

I have lost 1 drive shaft and think its a bit much to buy complete set as replacement

I can sell you a single one if any good? What exactly do u need can u put a pic up. I have all the parts available taken from new kits

Got myself a s50 about a month ago. first engine (sounds bad already :D)  ran in then about a gallon of fuel later and a fair few trips out and a lot of bashes and scrapes and a broken wishbone I got really carried away leaned the hsn in a bit to far and it just stopped. (was going very fast at the time on an old air field loads of open space)  so pulled the head off it and she was a nakered. so new engine purchased.  been reading up on here about fuel and thing, was using opti 20% but now bought some byrons 25% and also some medium glow plugs n3 im having abit of bother getting the new engine to go. set the hsn needle 3/1/2 to 4 turns out and the lsn (in rubber boot) 4 1/2 out and idle a little high. but what to do with the msn or what ever you want to call it the one on the back side of the carb gold screw. manual says 1 1/4 out and other manual I found on here says turn so it runs up and down with carb?? iv put about 10/15 tanks through the new engine. (it does have twin tanks on it) is this a good thing or a bad thing? iv got a temp gun and its not running hot and I cant get it to lean up.  will try this new fuel and plug.

Never touch the mid needle it's a night mare to get right again. I did and took weeks to get it running again!

If you need any parts or plugs (I've got os no8 medium) in the future give us a shout I'll beat eBay prices too.

If you read back through this thread it's got all the needle settings I'd suggest going back to them,but maybe 1/2 turn in on hsn to start with, then retune from there.

Duel tanks should cause a problem. You could always disconect one for now just whilst your tuning it as sometime you might get a kid tank lean from running two

• Like 1

cheers mate. iv been buying stuff of modelsport im new to it all so just been ebay or google. I did think that after turning it. Im more in to building race cars but getting married next year so bought the nitro car as its cheaper. 

If your new I would strongly suggest reading through this thread (if you get time Lols) we've managed to pretty much cover most problems if not just ask

And don't give up to soon nitro's are temperamental little buggers but well worth it patience is the key

Small update, poor EB4 hasn't been out of its bag much since this turned up :(

Replaced both exhaust rubbers as the original were made of cheese.

Had to go parallel on the dual tanks as it was leaning out too much when swapping over in series.(tried the pump/one way valve on exhaust line to tanks to try and keep pressure in first )

Alturn servo on the steering and original steering servo moved over to brakes to try and stop it a bit better, ABS on fast helps a bit too. :)

Stripped out all the carb needles and PTFE taped back in, main mixture screw lined up squarely with HSN inlet, sealed carb back in with instant gasket.

Clutch bell brgs disintegrated and replaced, luckily same size as EB4.

Cut the hex starter shaft in half, filed up the ends so I have 4 shafts when I go out.

Think shes run in now, still got a big pinch on her, maybe 10 tanks through her, a right wheelie machine too and makes me smile :)

Dave

:thumbsup:

Edited by dalex
  • Like 1

Wanted mgt4.6. Universal driveshaft

This is the type where a wheel nut is used to connect wheel direct to shaft

Not the 1/8 th buggy type

Link to part i need http://www.actionmodelcentre.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TTR-PD1500

Edited by angieamyabbie