• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pharrel's Losi 5ive-T - *Update*

Pharrel

Carrier still hasn't arrived... but I am currently building another set of tires.

Hostile MXT's on black 5imian wheels. Just need to order some beadlocks and moulded foams.

Beadlocks arrived today, great service from Neil at Silverback as always!

Got the wheels and tires put together, with some proper tools everything went smoothly although it was still quite a lot of effort.

More than happy with the result though! Will post some pics up soon.

Still awaiting the clutch carrier :(

Were did you buy the carrier from?

I wanna see pics as I now have the drilled bartalone drilled clutch housing and mesh plate

Only pic I've got ATM but jou can just see the mesh plate

20a41c74357d91c73618346a11974d22.jpg

Lately I've spent a fair bit,killer rc 7200 lipo,bartalone cluch housing,mesh plate,20tooth pinion and spacers,bzm exhaust,brass fuel fittings,rock armor servo brace(not fitted),new fuel lines,new pro mx 30.5(blew the old pro mx up yesterday)

Nice one. I ordered the carrier from freeprawn as they were the only ones with those in stock.

Hopefully it arrives this/next week.

Not my picture but this is basically what's it going to look like fitted:

dscarrier1.jpg

Yeah I've seen them on freeprawn as I was gonna order one,I asked him when he will have stock and he said they are but not many,I didn't order one yet I'm still on stock but are get one in a few weeks.just give nige a call mate he's a top bloke

Bet these sound amazing. One day I'll save enough money to own one!

Are they quite strong?

Do you mean the 5ives? IMO best 1/5th out there, extremely durable, on the first page I wrote a short review :P

Considering people run 40cc/70cc engines in stock 5ives I'd say it would handle 7+hp just fine. 5sc and the 5ive-T are two completely different trucks though.

I'm yet to test out my Prostock but you hear good and bad things about all manufacturers out there.

I am not sure, don't think so. I know people ran FID 2 speed transmissions but they are known to failure and are not worth the money.

Edited by Pharrel