• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Colchester bashers?

paulmta4

Hi guys,met with the east Anglian bashers at the pit last Sunday,was pretty good to say the least,lee's losi5 was mental,also a king motor Baja was going pretty good too-seeing the 1/5 scale makes my mta4 and savage xl seem tiny in comparison!

Seeing how they go I'm starting an early Christmas list as I can foresee a new addition to the stable in the next few months,got my eye on something already!

Broke the mta4 again,waiting for parts to be delivered,hopefully ready to bash soon,proposing next possible bash next Saturday 7th June down the pit if people are interested

Post if you can make it along?

Looking at about 12.15 down the pit on saturday,awaiting a reply from scrumpyjack to see if he can make it too,as long as ordered spare parts turn up for one of my trucks then I'll be sorted,will also send invite to the east anglia bashers so could have some 1/5 scale on the go!

I'm not working on the 7th so I should be able to go, just need to check over the savage though as the front diff seems a bit crunchy...could be full of gravel though!!  Paul - I did say we would probably end up getting 1/5 cars!!! 

Although I love the sound and smell of nitro,having seen two stroke 1/5 going and the ease of starting and running time on a tank of fuel,seeing them going full blast is amazing,will still have nitro but will consider selling some nitro's to help fund a new toy in the coming months,I know exactly what I want to get,so will happily do a few hours extra overtime to get my new toy sooner,seen a few good upgrades as well,boys and their toys I suppose!

Looking at about 12.15 down the pit on saturday,awaiting a reply from scrumpyjack to see if he can make it too,as long as ordered spare parts turn up for one of my trucks then I'll be sorted,will also send invite to the east anglia bashers so could have some 1/5 scale on the go!

i just got to ask the wife whether i can go, other than that I should be there, i can also pick people up on the way if they want as I have a people carrier

i just got to ask the wife whether i can go, other than that I should be there, i can also pick people up on the way if they want as I have a people carrier

yup wifey says I can come, will just be bringing my hobao hyper st mini .12 though

seems like I'm not having much luck with diffs at the moment, I pulled apart the savages front diff and discovered what was left of a spider gear rattling around...

DSCN0079_zps49d668a1.jpg

luckily I have some spares from all the diff rebuilds I've doing recently! So all back together now and should be good for Saturday  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Always good to have spares,especially diffs,as they're you're speciality peter!

Do you need picking up saturday Peter and are u ok for fuel?

Looks like we've got a few coming now so should be a good bash!

I'm really rather fed up of re-building diffs now Paul! To be fair it's the first diff I've ever broken in a savage. Would love a lift on Saturday if that's cool, and could do with some fuel if your getting some... :thumbsup:

Went to the pit yesterday, was pretty cool, my wr8 took most of it quite well, although I had an incident,

my car was a little way away from me where I couldn't see the ground to well and a ruddy wet dog come running at me and jumped up all over me and coved me in mud at which point I wasn't paying attention to my car and drove it into a deep puddle and flooded the whole thing, great cheers wet dog.

Been trying to dry it out and de-flood it but no such luck as of yet, any 1 got any tips?

Before this happened I was already planning to by the flux brushless version as I don't have time to constantly tinker with the nitro but need to get the nitro working before I sell it.

Thats not good...I would pull all the electrics out and bung them somewhere warm like an airing cupboard. the engine should be okay- flush it out with a load of wd40 or fresh nitro fuel. Take as much of the car apart as possible then give the parts a good spray over with wd40 let it all dry out and It should be fine. Give the air filter a good wash and dry on a radiator, then re-oil it.

Good bash down the pit today,weather was a lot better than expected,me and Peter had a blast,have now a jump built in the pit just for a bit more fun,still needs a bit more for proper air but I'll work on it a bit more the next time-as usual both of us managed to break our trucks,the pit always manages to get us going home to order bits, but it's all part of the fun,shame nobody else made it though!