• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Colchester bashers?

paulmta4

i can direct you to the pit! you can get to it from friday woods car park but the best way to it is to

go all the way down berechurchall road till mersea road then turn right onto mersea road so you going towards mersea,

follow mersea road till you get to the cherry tree pub which will be on your left, directly opposite there is a lane (cherry tree lane)

turn into the lane and follow it all the way down till you reach a white gate...you can park next to the gate!

walk down the road about 500yards till you see a break in the bushes on your right and you wil be able to see it just past a few fallen 

trees. im gonna try get to where ever you choose to go..i live on berechurch hall road so its right on my door step. :thumbsup:

great, so are we agreed about

i can direct you to the pit! you can get to it from friday woods car park but the best way to it is to

go all the way down berechurchall road till mersea road then turn right onto mersea road so you going towards mersea,

follow mersea road till you get to the cherry tree pub which will be on your left, directly opposite there is a lane (cherry tree lane)

turn into the lane and follow it all the way down till you reach a white gate...you can park next to the gate!

walk down the road about 500yards till you see a break in the bushes on your right and you wil be able to see it just past a few fallen 

trees. im gonna try get to where ever you choose to go..i live on berechurch hall road so its right on my door step. :thumbsup:

So are we all agreed about meeting here at about 11am? I'm excited...think I got the madforce just about ready now  :yes:

SAM_5413_zpsf09591ef.jpg

I'm up for coming as well. I'm quite a newbie, but i'll bring my Hyper 7. I still need to tune it as well :P

fantastic, hope the weather is decent! I'm a nitro guy, so can help you tune your car...if you can help me pick up broken bits of madforce from around the place :xd:  

Hope everyones still up for tomorrow, don't forget to charge all you batteries, glow starters etc! I will be there for about 11am, so long as I dont get lost or fall of my bike!

Well I would say that was pretty successful guys, great to meet you all and a fantastic spot  :thumbsup: I just got home and pulled my diff out expecting to find smashed gear teeth and general carnage inside, then the drive cup dropped off in my hand! - so it turns out just the grub screw had loosened off...damn didn't think to check it, thought I exploded my diff, I could of kept on running  :sly: oh well least I don't have to buy new diff gears! So looks like I will have the truck up and running again pretty quick, so may be up for next week...will check my work rota and see what day I'm off. -all I need to do now is try to get the mad force to go in a straight line  :xd:

• Like 1

Yeah great spot and nice to meet you guys as well. Will definitely be better when i get all tuned up, I'll pick up that other fuel you recommended, especially with this engine :xd: . Also i reckon i lost drive cause the TX was low on batteries, perhaps the FS kicked in maybe? Also need to tweak the idle more and center the steering a tad. Other than that, looking foward to the next meet up! :)

Edited by Sneakze

Your probably right about the failsafe...you may want to read your Tx manual and set the fail safe so the brakes are applied when its set off..bit safer than having the throttle just go to neutral. When you get the new fuel it will need a retune anyway. Rember to get the race blend optifuel 25% I doubt A1 stock it though, which is probably why he gave you the 16% !!!

Edited by scrumpy jack

good to meet you all and pleased you liked the pit!

glad it werent your diffs scrumpy.

im keeping my eyes peeled for something a little bigger but trying to stay away from the nitro but after the noise and smell of

the hyper and the mta4 today its reminded me why i liked nitro so much lol

Yeah..the madforce is my first brushless car, I had exactly the same thought..so I may stick the engine I have in the savage Xl roller. No idea how I'm going to get both trucks on my bike though!

Great to meet all you guys,had a blast-literally,loved the pit,has lots of potential,hopefully we can all meet up on a regular basis,if the word gets around them possibly more will turn up too,glad scrumpy jacks fix wasn't an expensive one,looking forward to our next meet in the next couple of weeks!

• Like 1

Yeah i'll order the fuel off here for sure. Reckon it'll be alright with my current needle settings? or turn them back to factory then tune? Still getting to grips with the transmitter settings, other than that i've learnt a lot in the past month :)

Edited by Sneakze

Get them back to factory, when you use the new fuel, then you can tune from fresh..take it easy for a few tanks to start with then start tuning the Hsn, give the car a few good runs to get everything up to temp and keep tuning bit by bit until you get good full throttle performance. Make sure plenty of smoke from exhaust at all times. Once you happy with the Hsn tuning. Tune the Lsn..this is more sensetive than the Hsn so only do very small increments at a time. Tune the Lsn untill you get good acceleration from stand still. Lastly you may need to tweak the idle, close the carb gap until so it ticks over nicely and the wheels arn't rotating.

Edited by scrumpy jack

i sold my savage 4.6 not long ago! wish i didnt now!

Yeah i'll order the fuel off here for sure. Reckon it'll be alright with my current needle settings? or turn them back to factory then tune? Still getting to grips with the transmitter settings, other than that i've learnt a lot in the past month :)

id go back to factory when changing fuel buddy.

scrumpy you will have get one of those bike trailers .

ive got a plywood ramp i might bring next time aswell lol

I sold my savage X a few month's ago, sold it really far to cheap as it was a really nicely sorted truck, I probably had a few to many trucks though  :xd:

SAM_4139_zpsc00b9467.jpg

Edited by scrumpy jack