• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Devon club?

bbdave

Hi I am looking to get into rc car racing what clubs if any are there in Devon? I know of a very large school sports hall that maybe coming available so I may have the opportunity to start a club what cars would be best in there? Many many years ago I saw an indoor club racing Mardave mini stocks is there a modern equivalent?

Dave

I'm from exmouth and me and a couple of mates have been looking for a local track for ages!!

Think the nearest ones are Plymouth and Tiverton

There used to be an indoor track in exmouth at the pavilions but that ended years ago.

If you do mange to find a sports hall let me know racing mardave minis would be fun and they still make them and are fairly cheap so would probably attract a lot of interest.

The mardave was one of my first rc's so would def be interested

Ok I'll keep my ear to the ground how what kind of floor is needed does it have to be carpet or is normal sports hall flooring ok? Would it be needed once a week and for how long 2-3 hours?. I have no idea how a club should run or how to start one is there any info/resources out there?

Dave

Not sure to be honest???

I'm sure you could get a rubber compound tyre for the minis though either that or you could have a look at doing a 1/18th scale track??

I've had an interesting email from the brca so fingers crossed for this I'd probably look at the GT12 cars my main expense will be carpet but I have an idea that may cover that, I'd probably use basic lap counting gear to start to save set up costs. my only concern would be "will people come?" But I have no way of telling until things are set up.

Dave