• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

Yes sir, sorry sir, point drilled home sir ;)

Probably best to sort the PMT before cocking another build up really....

Wasn't having a go, just pointing out that it involves quite a bit of patience! Either that or I'm just fumbling the ball! Edited by Tug

Damn you vrs, I shall have to build mine up now!! ;)

Good price and free delivery. Any thoughts as to combo?? Myself, stuck between a 1700kv or 2200kv with a 150a xerun, aiming for 5s bashing with 6s madness...

We'll be accused of being bed fellows, lol!

Will be experimenting with d8 shock bodies and stock shafts...the stock bodies look cheap, the kyosho ally shocks are silly money (and red??!!??) and I got a good deal on a pair of d8 bodies (same length) and other bits...reckon I'll stick 'em on the rear. Hoping the kit tyres provide better grip than the rtr ones...different compound so they may stick better :)

• Like 1

lol.

I've read about the different tyre compound lets hope as you say there of a better type/grip.

I've seen the optional suspension and its ridiculous price and as you say red this on a blue/black theme buggy is not to taste.

I always like to find threaded shocks in a kit but it's something most company's miss out on I find, I've seen somewhere on the yank boards about the d8 bodies here's hoping they slot in nice I'll get it all built and go from there :)

As I was saying to Tug yesterday, I find it a great looking thing and the size is a nice plus too all this in a 2wd package can't help but think it'll be great fun.

Edited by sean-vrs

RTR, so whatever came in it. I think it's 40wt, that'd certainly be a good starting point. 2wd Buggy, so you'll want the rear slightly softer than the front. Perhaps 45/40, front to rear?

Damn you vrs, I shall have to build mine up now!! ;)

Good price and free delivery. Any thoughts as to combo?? Myself, stuck between a 1700kv or 2200kv with a 150a xerun, aiming for 5s bashing with 6s madness...

1700kv for cool reliable running on 6S, but for 5S with the option of 6S insanity, 2200kv all the way.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a bloody nightmare with this thing. Random cut outs, problems starting and sounds really boggy at low revs. I've tried putting the hsn all the way closed then going back to factory but no matter how much I tightened it it never came to a stop. Got the needle back to where I think it should be and it's really inconsistent. Will run ok for a few minutes the cut out. I suspect it's overheating.

Couple of questions has any one else suffered as above and what fuel are you using ?

I'm having a bloody nightmare with this thing. Random cut outs, problems starting and sounds really boggy at low revs. I've tried putting the hsn all the way closed then going back to factory but no matter how much I tightened it it never came to a stop. Got the needle back to where I think it should be and it's really inconsistent. Will run ok for a few minutes the cut out. I suspect it's overheating.

Couple of questions has any one else suffered as above and what fuel are you using ?

Try putting a thread in the nitro section? Plenty of nitro-heads there who might know.

• Like 1

If you suspect it's running hot and overheating it'll be running too lean, fuel starvation on the LSN will give you the bogging symptoms.

and the idol will need adjusting so that the RPM range does not engage the clutch for it then to start taking off on its own accord, that and not stopping.

When you do a pinch test what happens to the RPM and how does it affect the engine?

If you suspect it's running hot and overheating it'll be running too lean, fuel starvation on the LSN will give you the bogging symptoms.

and the idol will need adjusting so that the RPM range does not engage the clutch for it then to start taking off on its own accord, that and not stopping.

When you do a pinch test what happens to the RPM and how does it affect the engine?

I can't see anything about the lsn in the manual, i've looked for it but can only see the hsn and idle. The idle is in a stupid position too need an L shaped flat blade to touch it as plastics are in the way so I haven't adjusted it. Rpm goes up when it's pinched.