• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A Guide to the Anderson M5 1/5 Motocross bike.

jb.

Methinks it's largely down to the motor set up, possibly at high revs the OWB can spin on the shaft whilst locked out so causing premature wear of the shaft, what's the state of the OWB when the shaft has worn beyond use ?

If the OWB is ok you can flip the shaft, just leave off the circlip.

Thanks for the reply.

The OWB is fine even after the shaft is worn so I think your right, just a bit too much rpm and power. I'm going to reduce the punch on the ESC a bit and lay off the 3cell lipos and see how that goes. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to renew the bearings...

Should you oil, grease or leave the OWB alone ?

Good tip on flipping the shaft, never occurred to me to do that. ****** now that I threw the old ones away..

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, I run the OWB dry and clean it after every couple of runs. Or after 1 run if I've fitted new bearings as the oil from these finds it's way in, and always after the back wheel has got wet as the one time I didn't I ended up with rusted/seized bearings etc.

Was still running fine after 4 runs which is when I normally strip it down for maintenance anyway so a definite improvement.

Thanks for your help.