• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

iam down one mod as its going to a new owner tomorrow but i still have 5 left and one still to build well fit a voltmeter and i already have my eye on a new mod to be build well not really built but take one of my other ones i built up apart and add a new chip in there instead of the mosfet set up its running right now hopefully next week all have it up and running.

rusty1103 if you want some bvc coils for your tank let me know i have a couple of new ones here i have no use for sold my nauty tank last year and forgot i had them 

Edited by mini-z-awd

Does anyone on here make coils 1.5/2.0 for the mini pro tank 3 or no where the cheapest place to get them from???

Run the MVP V2 :-)

a few people on ebay make and sell coils worth a try or you could make your own its quite easy you just need some 28awg .30 or .32 kanthal wire i would suggest the .32 would be better as it will take less winds to get what you want and it will fit better and some cotton i do my own for the kayfuns i have 

Edited by mini-z-awd
  • Like 1

a few people on ebay make and sell coils worth a try or you could make your own its quite easy you just need some 28awg .30 or .32 kanthal wire i would suggest the .32 would be better as it will take less winds to get what you want and it will fit better and some cotton i do my own for the kayfuns i have

I was going to have a go at making my own but would probably break more than I make lol

I normally purchase off ebay but ive had some dud coils which annoys the hell out of me and they were supposed to be original Kanga ones but doubt they were.

Will see how I get on with this one but thanks for the advice :-)

What cotton do you guys use? Recently bought some koh gen do pads off eBay but seems to be muting the flavour compared to my old stuff.

Eventually managed to make a start on building my first box mod. started to chop up the Burr wood trinket box I brought off e-bay. Not an easy process with a junior hack saw! and actually a bit of a headache figuring out where to cut it to create a smaller box...and I'm no carpenter that's for sure!

DSCN1221_zpshtukp3rs.jpg

DSCN1222_zpsuoourncd.jpg

ended up with this...obviously pretty rough still, but I have a dremel and plenty of sandpaper. I though it would actually be really nice to use either an aluminium plate or brass plate for the final side, I can mount the firing button on it and also possibly have the USB charging port there as well

DSCN1231_zpskqeugbic.jpg

also started on the electronics, got the resister wired on the mosfet and also soldered up some cables to it:

DSCN1227_zpsnc4mgmjh.jpg

thats about it for the moment, here's a few picks of the unfinished box next to my MVP for size comparison..It will end up a bit thinner after I neaten up the cut sides a bit

DSCN1234_zpslkdlm0ls.jpg

DSCN1238_zpsrxkgbzlp.jpg

I will add an update if anyone's interested when I have done more

Eventually managed to make a start on building my first box mod. started to chop up the Burr wood trinket box I brought off e-bay. Not an easy process with a junior hack saw! and actually a bit of a headache figuring out where to cut it to create a smaller box...and I'm no carpenter that's for sure!

DSCN1221_zpshtukp3rs.jpg

DSCN1222_zpsuoourncd.jpg

ended up with this...obviously pretty rough still, but I have a dremel and plenty of sandpaper. I though it would actually be really nice to use either an aluminium plate or brass plate for the final side, I can mount the firing button on it and also possibly have the USB charging port there as well

DSCN1231_zpskqeugbic.jpg

also started on the electronics, got the resister wired on the mosfet and also soldered up some cables to it:

DSCN1227_zpsnc4mgmjh.jpg

thats about it for the moment, here's a few picks of the unfinished box next to my MVP for size comparison..It will end up a bit thinner after I neaten up the cut sides a bit

DSCN1234_zpslkdlm0ls.jpg

DSCN1238_zpsrxkgbzlp.jpg

I will add an update if anyone's interested when I have done more

that`s looking really good wish i had the baa`s to do something like that but iam just not brave enough right now lol are you going to the mangetize the side door or will it be glued on so its just  a box just wondering  i know i would go for a magnetic door just for safety`s sake.  

here my two newest box mods both made using domino`s box i got at a car boot cheap one is a single 18650 and the other is a paralell setup both are mosfetted 

WP_20150426_005_zpsy2ocqkel.jpg

WP_20150426_006_zpszahcdp8q.jpg

WP_20150426_009_zpsw442qcnp.jpg

WP_20150501_002_zpsbd52oluv.jpg

WP_20150501_003_zpsc6kcnewv.jpg

Yes, I have some tiny rare earth magnets to hold the back in place. That Domino box looks brilliant!

earth magnets are great i use them on my box`s the best thing about them is when you think the glue or epoxy is dry and you check the poliraty and it is`nt stuck down yet so you have to do it all again which reminds me i need to change one on the twin box box i put it on backwards so does`nt work right it pushes away instead of holding. the best bit about the domino box is they are so light with a single batt in there even the twin setup is quite light 

Can't believe how strong those little magnets are, only 4mm in diameter I think I got, but by god they have some power- I'm really careful not to put them near my pc or phone as I'm sure they will wipe all the data off them!

Can't believe how strong those little magnets are, only 4mm in diameter I think I got, but by god they have some power- I'm really careful not to put them near my pc or phone as I'm sure they will wipe all the data off them!

they could do that also don`t let them bang into each other either they can break up i had some for a mech mod and i dropped one onto another one and it just went pop broke both magnets into 5-6 peices  

• 2 weeks later...

The ESP30 turned up today (free post from Amazon) so first look and impressions.

Nicely packaged and seems to be well finished.

1DC7865D-AC87-4984-9BF8-ADD08A111D32_zps

99386571-5D8D-4A7A-B50B-B6A3AE319402_zps

D5682F27-A9E0-41D3-B0A3-DA84CFA50AAD_zps

It's a bit smaller, and much lighter than the MVP30, but the kanger sub tank mini fits really nicely. It has a light fire button. This and the light weight works well for me as due to MS my hands and fingers get a bit weak as the evening/night goes on. The adjuster rotating knob it smooth (no click adjustment) but not loose and seems to work fine. Can't see any future issues as I run at 18w for any of the liquids I use, so won't be changing settings all the time. It has ally top/bottom plates with carbon or carbon effect main case. Not sure if it's legit carbon or not, but it looks really nice with a high gloss finish with stylish logo branding. It doesn't switch off, but 5 rapid clicks locks/unlocks the fire button, so safe to leave in your pocket or bag. The blue LED side display is clear and shows battery level, watts and ohm rating.

5D41C7AB-93FB-4FA8-9D57-215C5481DF37_zps

All in all, first impressions are good, and my usual 18w setting works as well as the MVP30 on the subtank. It's an ok option at the going price of

Edited by Philxj4L