• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Atomic AMZ 4wd 1:28 mini Z Killer

PurcyP

Would be interested to see how they handle on the track.

If you want something cheaper These are now available.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/kyosho-mini-z-mr-03s-audi-r8-lms-white/rc-car-products/380548

That's 2wd but its a readyset with Transmitter! Been running one on the track for few weeks and it handles very well.

the above charging adaptor works perfect for the little batteries! so thats a result 

also having locked the rear diff its definitely a slider now haha, gonna slow the front diff action down a touch by tightening and hopefully will allow for smoother transitions in slides. 

also getting some s****y tyres n wheels for drifting and some grippy race ones

you tried HW program card or lcd box on it yet? painted shell?

Edited by R46

Not as of yet.

I am getting an auto scale body soon in the form of a s14

I have a feeling the lcd program box the newer funky one will work with the etc but of course I lost the cable that will fit it :/

Not as of yet.

I am getting an auto scale body soon in the form of a s14

I have a feeling the lcd program box the newer funky one will work with the etc but of course I lost the cable that will fit it :/

funky  :xd:  it has lipo checker built in still same format other wise, when got my lcd v1 (disc & usb cable) & v2(usb cable) no other leads,  so need to make up a fly lead or with atomic card comes with lead? not much info about an non on atomic site oddly

Edited by R46

Atomic aren't really letting people know what's what but hey Ho where's the pioneering spirit lol

My v2 box with the battery checker came with usb, esc cable and opto cable which is a esc plug to tiny connector that fits on top of the esc.

But of course I lost that one cable I need lol

The program card atomic are wanting to sell is literally a hobbywing box no sticker changes..straight hobbywing as the esc is theirs after all

Edited by PurcyP

just pulled box out as keep all my pc link bits in there hotwire, castle link & lcd box when not in use, yeap got all leads mentioned been awhile since been in it lol.

been using car any servo issues ie not centreing correctly?

Edited by R46

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you buy this?

I fancy a 'mini' but the price of the kyosho's puts me right off.

These look really good for the money.

mini z quality no dramas like what some suffering with amz (deformed shock towers, effy servo, side clips of body hampering meshing,binding/tweeked chassis) if 2wd after then mr03s

Edited by R46

my chassis isnt binded or tweaked.

the body clips that go onto the side of the chassis need to be trimmed down so the edge doesnt push the motor in causing tight mesh, ive solved all them issues now and await my one way etc. 

servo has been fine and shock tower again not deformed.

i did mention this in my drift project thread as they were rushing em out the door due to demand 

was a chassis recieved less than a week ago with shock tower issue, just stating the quality isn't upto mini z status outta of box

I'm sure overall the Kyosho is better, it's just the price makes me cringe! Get what you pay for tho I suppose.

shop around get mini z's cheap! oh an the mr03s uses our moto racer tx :good: hence why cheaper then asf mr03, awd..

Edited by R46

I like both chassis an shall have both at some point this year once completed ongoing projects :good:

i can source an awd cheaper than

Edited by R46