• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Test runs

jpbp200

Hi North East people,

I live in Durham and I am looking for a suitable test site to practise with my new Slash before I take it anywhere where I am likely to do expensive damage just because I haven't learned how it handles!

Basically I am after a large expanse of tarmac or loose dirt to get used to it on. I have had a couple of runs at the car park for the Durham BMX park but the car park often gets  too full and I have to give up. Can anyone suggest anywhere suitable?

Is the park and ride car park any good for example?

Thanks in advance.

JP

The Bmx track mate balls to trying it in carparks you need to learn how to handle it in the air which is quite basic when the front end comes down feather the throttle or when the front end is coming up to much feather the break simples the parts are cheap enough lol

We'll probably end up at Hetton again on Sunday. Nice big field there with nothing to crash into.

Thanks, I saw Hetton was one of your meetup spots and I did think I might head over there. I tried it on the grass at Durham BMX park today but it is too wet and a bit too long at the moment. The overload protector on my VXL-3S tripped and the motor stopped after only about 2 mins driving so I have given up on grass for the mo hence looking for tarmac. I was running a 3S LiPo too which is prob a bit too much for the wet grass but my 2S' haven't arrived yet! If the grass was a bit shorter it might have been better. It's only because it's brand new and I don't want to destroy it within a few days of owning it! I like it nice and shiny looking. As I get used to it I will start throwing it about a bit more obviously but for now I just want to see how it goes.....

The grass at Hetton is usually nice and short.

OK thanks, I might nip over there this afternoon then and take a peek. Is there anywhere else suitable?

If it's Tarmac you want you should try the ind est in Durham where we went a few times with the drifters

Which ind estate is that? I have just been to the Park and Ride which was perfect as there weren't any cars on the right hand side (apart from an Ambulance that had just parked right slap bang in the middle, I managed to avoid it though!) I managed to try some different setups and almost got my car to drive flat out on the 3S LiPo. I say almost because it kept flipping over when it got near to max speed (it was pretty windy though). I stiffened the suspension which helped a bit but then ran out of juice so had to come home (more batteries on order......). I'll have another go tomorrow!

I'd def be interested in the location of the ind estate in case the Park and Ride is no good.....