• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

where to go around dundee

rig-pig

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, im sorry to burst in here, but there is an old bmx track in Finlathen park, if you park on Fountainbleau drive near where the bridge goes over the park, on the Fintry side below the bridge you should see it

Go to google map and use these coordinates 56.486511,-2.941211 and you should see it.

Hope this helps

Allan

• Like 1

So i went down and had a look at this old bmx track and i think with a little work we could be in with a usable bash site.

The council have been cutting the grass but not very well, you could get away with lager 1/8 or 1/5 scales on but nothing smaller. Will see in the summer about a strimmer to clean it up and rebuilding it abit.

• 3 weeks later...

Theres a road on the claverhouse industrial estate just along from the toyota garage that was laid but then closed immediately

IMAG0212_zps9ad9050b.jpg

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?daddr=56.496333,-2.942344&hl=en&sll=56.496712,-2.94086&sspn=0.01053,0.033023&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=16&z=16

So if you need somewhere smooth to run its pretty much perfect, apart from a few stones.

Edited by mayzie12

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys, new here, just bought my first serious rc car this week. Was looking for places to bash in Dundee, so far I would suggest the bmx course out by Baldovie recycling plant on Forties Rd. It is in excellent condition and the track is pretty damn big too, there's a pretty decent gravel bmx track in tayport at the tentsmuir forest end, only downside is that it's very loose wee chuckies to get everywhere inside the car. The skate park at dudhope also looks very promising, but at this time of year suspect theres no chance of getting to bash around it unless its first thing in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

A park is fine, loads of space, but running flat out in open space get boring quick :P

The dudhope skate park seems very popular, not helped with it being summer hols i guess, but it has a lot of potential for tricks, proper jumps, wall runs, lot of potential if only we could rid it of skater kids :P

Have now been out to the bmx course at baldovie 3 times and not been another soul there, except the ones i went with, and as i said before, the track really is huge.

• 1 month later...