• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OUTDOOR RC Venue in Cornwall - Come build the track

MattyV6

Hi guys please bear with me, this is only my 2nd post on the forum but i hope there to be many more. If this is in the wrong section then please feel free to move it?

Basically ive been away from racing for about the last 15 years, i can see so much has changed in that time. I sold my Losi off road car many many years ago along with all my gear. My aim is to slowly get back into it.

I dont know if this is of interest to anyone but i would like to get back into racing and i I have the opportunity to offer an outdoor r/c track / venue in the Cornwall area, near Liskard. Its on my land and i would offer anyone who knows a good track layout to come and build it with me, i have a digger and jcb so this could be an epic race track!

During the summer i would like it to be maybe a weekly or monthly event (judging by interest) with a BBQ and drinks?

I mean i really dont know, is this something that can be done?? My aim would be to build the track at the beginning of 2014 and have it ready for spring? (i have no track knowledge though)

This is not me trying to make money, its simply for people to come and have fun. I have no intention of charging a fee, maybe just

Well this thread is a surprise has the Helston track has folded again! and this thread comes on? maybe its not connected. Anyway welcome my views would be a dedicated 1/10 offroad track, do you have timing gear rostrum, tubing or rope.

Where are you based?

Edited by jony nitro

Hi MSUK, i definitely have no connection to the Helston track, not to sure where that one is although if it had a good track layout maybe it could be copied??

This is basically where i stand at the moment. I have nothing other than the space to offer a track. The rostrum would be built along with the track. It would be a blank canvas so it would be built from scratch but all doable in the time before the spring.

Not too sure on the track size but where im thinking a rostrum can go there is a nice raised section so can be built looking down on the track more?

Thanks for your views, this is a start :)

Sorry, im based in PL14. Menheniot, Liskard just off the A38 so easy to find :)

If it helps i can post a picture of where im thinking it can be built?

If i can make this a proper event then im more than happy to start building.

Edited by MattyV6

Ok i will have a google at that place.

Basically this is where i was thinking of building it, it could take up almost any part of this bottom field and we could make it almost as big as we want and to any design. Its a blank canvas to build any setup, ramps/jumps etc. I have hard standing for parking etc.

Ive always fancied getting back into racing, just need some interest and i can get digging.

9913315476_e22cb01b55_b.jpg

9913363414_a41fb48342_b.jpg

Thinking about it i'm going to build one anyway, if anyone would like to get involved in track design then your more than welcome (as i dont have a clue). I will then try and sort out some race meetings.

I really want to have a go at getting back into racing :)

Nice views.

Has its winter, and there are two tracks to race at, really think you will struggle, Why not pop over on Sunday to Perrenporth and have a chat with a few of us?

what would be better is a indoor Venue with electric 1/10 scale buggy that would be far more better,

on another note, Rent the field out, to me for my kids and chickens, haha been looking for a year now .)

Nice views.

Has its winter, and there are two tracks to race at, really think you will struggle, Why not pop over on Sunday to Perrenporth and have a chat with a few of us?

what would be better is a indoor Venue with electric 1/10 scale buggy that would be far more better,

on another note, Rent the field out, to me for my kids and chickens, haha been looking for a year now .)

Ahhh ok, yeah thats what i was thinking. I want to get back into racing so thought if anyone/club that wanted a venue could come and build their own track and i would then have some fun racing with them.

I do have an indoor venue i could sort out, would just need a few things moving out. Its 100ft long by 30ft wide. Its concrete base and dry etc. Its basically empty. I'll post a picture for you, might be of use?

If you had a horse you would be more than welcome to stable it here :)

Is this something that could be used?? Its basically empty and goes back further from where the pictures taken.

Would the roof hight be an issue for a stand??

28ft by 100ft

I have no timing equipment tho but have a Laptop if that helps?

9914662443_abfd85138b_b.jpg

Edited by MattyV6

i used to race lrc,by plymouth you got  a lot of racers{best place to get suport would be maxbashing,there arent a lot of racers on here}but they would require the timing equipment,

Ahhhh see, ive been out of this game for 15 years so have no idea how they are timed these days. When i used to race it was a box about the size of a 10 pack of fags that was strapped to the car.

Ive got no equipment. If a club wanted to build a track then that would be cool :)

as said get on maxbashing and look up your local clubs,or vist them in person,best of luck but unless it a local fun club[no timing gear,}then it a lot of hassle,

Yeah i get what your saying. This was all meant to be a bit of fun. Build a track to the spec that a club wants then have some fun over the Spring/Summer and Autumn with everyone.

I think im going to build one anyway and buy another r/c car. Ive been looking but not sure if to go with petrol or battery, this is all so new to me now, a lot has changed  :shockingscary:

I'll post a build thread on here and if any local clubs like the look of it then they are more than welcome to come and have a race or two. 

My plan is to make a quality track. Just need some ideas on the layout. Ive found google very good so far. I will also check out Maxbashing :)

Many thanks for your help so far dude :)

Well yes, what a cool track

I'm going to start a build thread with the progress, this would be more than possible. I think i'm getting a bit carried away now, i keep seeing all these tracks and thinking yes!

It wont cost anything to build as its only shifting some earth around. All i need is a design if anyone's got an ideas??