• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Rally Event 2014

Snwy

Hi all

After being in touch with the Czech Rally Championship they have said there more than happy to have a UK team or two in there championship, and i was wondering if anyone else would fancy putting together a team to enter?

the costs will be

roughly around

Edited by Snwy

guess that's a no for the championship lol

if no one wants to do the championship then how about a one off event next June July time?

mixture of stage rally an special stages?

it will give us all a change to meet up an show of the cars that weve all worked hard to set up for rallying?

and if there's enough interest then maybe look at starting championship up?

Edited by Snwy

was think Czech style but with rally cross thrown in for the special stages.

yeah would be 1/10 based but again depends as the hpi shell is only 205mm wide I think and loads of people have the flux version so maybe let them in as most 1/10 shell works on 190mm or 200mm. if any one with a hpi wr8 could let me know so we can see if can put them in would be appreciated.

don't know at min will have a look at the web tomorrow to find some where an will post up couple of ideas, I'll try an work out half way between places I have read people are from an work from there.I'll sort it after been out in morning.

done some research today online via meetways.com, & found the halfway point between certain areas & then work out a halfway point. Here's the findings

Scotland- Glasgow - Edinburgh = Whitburn

England - ST.Ives - Broadstairs = Warminster

So then did a search up the country and found the halfway point, findings below

Whitburn - Isle of Wight via Warminster = Knutsford, Cheshire.

So how bout holding the event at Delamere Forest distance from Knutsford is 16.4 mile travel time 25 minutes.

What do people think cause if there happy for that location will start putting plans together for the forestery commission.

There is plenty of campsites and inns around the area to suit everyone's budget.

Edited by Snwy

yeah should be its just about finding if there is enough interest after looking at the forestry website for events I have to put together a business plan on the event, an sort out insurance which don't mind doin if there is the interest from people to want to do it.

Will roughly work out some rules an regs to put up tomorrow so people can put there input in on them.

I don't mind traveling to where ever for the right event, would it be worth checking out any locations first to see if there's anywhere suitable? Also if there's any costs involved i am sure a few would chip in if it got the event off the ground.

I don't mind travelling either as from near Newcastle. yeah I agree if people know anywhere then great as any suggestions welcome.

The only reason said Delamere Forest was cause its well sign posted or should be for people out of area.

If u do manage to sort one out in Scotland I'd travel upto that one swell as love Scotland lol.

It's just going to be a one off event to see if there is enough interest to start something bigger, I'm goin to look at starting a rc rally club up in the North East area anyway this was just a project to keep my mind goin while recovering from an op.

Where about in Scotland would you be lookin at?

Edited by Snwy

The way i was thinking of running the event in Deleamere Forest if people are happy with that location is

1st day

Start 0900hrs

Stage Rally 0930hrs

Service

Stage Rally 1030hrs

Service

Stage Rally 1130hrs

Service/ Dinner 1230hrs-1330hrs

Special Stage 1400hrs start

Special Stage 1600hrs start

End 1700hrs

2nd Day

Start 0900hrs

Stage Rally 0930hrs

Service

Stage Rally 1030hrs

Service

Special Stage 1130hrs

Special Stage 1230 hrs

Presentation 1330 hrs

End 1400 Hrs

The timings are rough but just to give people a general idea and let them have there input in on it.

As for disabled people who want to take part but are thinking they can't then they can nominate someone to run the stage rally with there car and the timings get awarded to the person who's car it is then they take over for the special stages which are run around a track and static driving position.

Special Stage Events

Are run by the timings so it would be person running 1st and 2nd to run together, 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th etc.

How does this sound to people? who might be interested to take part in the event?

Yes i think your right their would be interest in Scotland to do something,but my problem is i dont have time to organise something myself nor go hunting for a suitable location which is going to be the major stumbling block.

But i would be interested in teaming up with someone else and getting together to see about organising something, eg a rally/rally cross bash rather like the nitro boys do down at Bathgate and their numbers are growing every month.

Rather than trying to organise a big rally event i think the way forward would be bashing to get numbers up and go from their.

Step forward anyone if your interested in volunteering.

depends where about your looking as in for bashing when lookin at local areas around by me I've been looking at using mountain bike trails and walking trails with my car. which work well in essence just pesky mountain bikers lol.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys
I love to see it born again.Few years ago me and my mate lunch the Local Rally Championship gathering around 15-20 drivers.I live in lancashire near Clitheroe.

Looking forward to see reborn of a Rally Championship League.

• 4 months later...