• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja Brakes.... who runs what?

Nitroholic

Theres a lot of debate over this expensive setup and that expensive setup .........i ve heard em all ;)    

i run these or the equivelant ferrodo style brake pads http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Performance-Upgraded-CNC-Brake-Pad-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-5SC-KM-Rovan-1-5-Silver-/171132813709

now im not a rovan or clone fan , each to their own, live and let live n so on , but they just work wonders.

no fade , stop on a dime or at least lock the wheels and are very hard wearing , i have them on my heavy 5t and still no bother..........no gimmicks n carbon and so on just old fashioned car style brake pads.

Theres a lot of debate over this expensive setup and that expensive setup .........i ve heard em all ;)    

i run these or the equivelant ferrodo style brake pads http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Performance-Upgraded-CNC-Brake-Pad-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-5SC-KM-Rovan-1-5-Silver-/171132813709

now im not a rovan or clone fan , each to their own, live and let live n so on , but they just work wonders.

no fade , stop on a dime or at least lock the wheels and are very hard wearing , i have them on my heavy 5t and still no bother..........no gimmicks n carbon and so on just old fashioned car style brake pads.

must agree i think the basic setups work best :) 

Fitted them this weekend, but not had a chance to run it yet. Will let you know.

Feels better just testing on the bench...but the only real way to find out is to run the car and see how she stops!

Good luck buddy I am getting a baja 5b soon I'm dreading brake problems let us know how it goes also have you got any pics of her. I have heard so much about nitros infamous baja. Just never seen if

Thanks

Rob

Edited by itsme93

Good luck buddy I am getting a baja 5b soon I'm dreading brake problems let us know how it goes also have you got any pics of her. I have heard so much about nitros infamous baja. Just never seen if

Thanks

Rob

Its not the brakes you need to worry about mate, its the stopping :lol:

Thanks

Rob

Which one :) ..... the normal basher...or the shorty?

This is the 'normal' length HPI one:

baj1.jpg

Hostile MX's front and rear on Silverback wheels. Darksoul axle extenders and hostile rear uprights. IRC upper and lower braces on the front plus an RPM front bumper. Turtle front tower brace plus GH supports in black so they look like stockers :) Motor is a ported 29 with clone Dom.

And this is the 'Shorty' KM one

bugfu.jpg

KM001 with chassis chopped right back, FG axle converters, FG truck wheels, custom radio box, aircraft fuel tank, fibreglass bug shell and a home-made rollcage. Motor is a CY 4 bolt 27.2 with clone Dom.

The RCR kit is on the normal car, the other car is running stock brakes for now.

I was previoualy running my baja on carbon pads with thestarr removed and an extra pad in the middle and now run these with a carbon pad in the middle and thryre MUCH better!! Lock the wheels up on any surface no fade nothing.. :-D

• 1 month later...

Fitted them this weekend, but not had a chance to run it yet. Will let you know.

Feels better just testing on the bench...but the only real way to find out is to run the car and see how she stops!

??

So, hove was the RCR-brakes..... :)

• 2 weeks later...