• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

E Revo front chassi brace?

martin34

Hi.I am building an ERBE and while I am waiting for parts I have done the rear push rod chassi brace but I want to make one for the front.I have seen some where a push rod is bolted to the front shock tower but to me it doesn't realy look like its going to be very effective.I was wandering if any one has got any solutions?

Don't bother, i have 3 revos and its not needed, just the back brace, the front is very strong to be fair.

Unlike the diffs, shafts, spurs. Arms, gears, hexes, tyres, lol.

LOL so its a strong truck then :xd: .Not sure how long my diffs will hold up because they are the nitro ones with no bar in them but when they go I will upgrade to the HR diff housing and get the bar.When the shafts go I will upgrade to the Summit ones.Arms are going to be RPM.One of my stock ones is snapped but I don't actualy remember crashing it into anything.I haven't decided on the hexes yet.Tyres are going to be hpi Dirtbones.Aroud the same size as stock but nice and light.I realy don't get why people stick massive heavy tyres on the Revo.Tyres like the Trencher x's strip savage flux gears so the Revo ones wont have a chance.I mite do a single servo conversion.I just need to find out what bits I will need.I have seen on another forum a guy developing a stock shaped outer diff housing that accepts LST diffs so theres no grinding down the bulkheads and weakening them.

You have it sussed martin and you practically described my revos, rpm arms, summit shafts are essential. I went for proline truggy rims as they are narrower than stock and as you say put less stress on the truck.

Its a good truck, just nor very strong out of the box, with the relevant upgrades its a monster. :)

Thanks.i have been reading up on what needs upgrading.This was ment to be a cheap conversion with just an e revo chassi but as always you get carried away lol.Its a pity T Bone don't make a full under chassi brace like they do for the Merv as that realy stiffens up the chassi.The RPM's i will order next month and if i have enough cash i will get the wheels and tyres but i have a 5 month old boy so funds are low at the mo.I built a hopped up Merv for him and that's what got me wanting to build the erbe :yes: .I am still toying with the idea of making a front brace simply because i have loads of old turbucles and rod ends laying about and shock mounts as i have ali ones on the way and it will give me something to do while i wait for parts.I hate waiting lol

I have hit my first snag.For the life of me I couldn't work out how the Hot Racing motor plate fitted.it real had me puzzled but after about 15 mins I realised it was for dual motors :030: !I am sure I can cut it to shape tho.I have my hacksaw and files ready for when its ot to hot in the garden to start cutting it.

Piccys my good man, lets see some pictures.

I wish I could but I am useless with pc's and now I have got windows 8 I cant even find my pics when I plug the camera in :(.No post today unfortunately.I had an e mail from wheelspin to say my shock boots and ali pushrods had been dispatched but no post at all today.I don't think they deliver everyday like they are ment to.

Thanks that's an amazing deal and I will take a look but I realy cant order anything else until next month:(.I did the motor plate when I got home yesterday evening and it was very easy to do.the only thing was I had to buy a standard motor plate so I knew where to cut.Atleast I have a spare now tho.

A damn.Now i notice the holes on the back of the Hot Racing motor plate arnt counter sunk!I thought this was going to easily:(.I have nothing to counter sink them with so I may have to use the stock motor plate.its a shame because the Hot Racing one looks realy good.

Put them up, just copy the image link to the forum. :)

And just use a big drill bit to slightly counter sink, easy

Thanks but honestly me and pc's don't get on.I don't even know how to do links.Good idea about the drill bit.I never thought of that :thumbsup: .My HR double up slipper turned up yesterday aswell as my rear push rods.I use p2 rockers so I added the little spacers along with Blue RPM rod ends.All I am waiting for this month now is Blue ali shock mounts and a Blue RPM front bumper mount.Oh and a gearbox.I went to rebuild my rear diff yesterday but while cleaning it out I found chunks of plastic.Oh well it looks like the HR diff housings will be needed sooner rather than later.I need to decide on Blue or Black RPM arms.I don't want to much Blue but then Black looks stock.I want to turn my drive shafts around so that the blue bit is the diff end but how the hell are you ment to get those pesky tiny little c clips off!

I use a pointy yet rounded knife to get the c clips off, then pointy pliers and the same knife to put then back on. They do fly everywhere though so keep an eye on them.

I like the blue rpm arm look, all 3 of my revos have the blue rpms.

Edited by RevoMikey

I got the clips off with two little screw drivers but did it in a carrier bag so the the clips couldn't disappear into outer space lol.Again thanks for the tip about the drill bit to counter sink the holes.Its all done now and I cant believe I didn't think of something so obvious.Think I will deffinatley go with the Blue because if I do change my mind I can always dye them black but cant dye black blue and T bones have some Revo RPM A arm skids coming out so that will be sort of blue and black lower arms.At the mo its looking realy good with just the rite amount of different colour balance.Just the rite amount of black and blue and the red springs and red rocker push rods are a good match to the red Leopard motor.I am realy enjoying this build :thumbsup: .Oh and I have those Racetemp thermometer stickers for the motor to keep an eye on the temps when I finaly get it running and sort the gearing.

Edited by martin34

Well after a week off and nothing much to do I thought I would make up a plate to mount the front chassi brace on the shock mount.After cutting,filing,drilling and smoothening the edges my ali shock mounts turned up yesterday and the hole in the middle of the front shock mount is threaded so all I had to do was pop a pivot ball into my rpm rod end and bolt it on.Oh well atleast making the plate gave me something to do lol.

I finished the front chassi brace yesterday.I ordered a 68mil titanium turnbuckle,fitted the rod ends and bolted it to the ali shock mount.To mount it at the front I cut up the stock plastic front shock mount and bolted it to the front  shock tower/body post mount.I know a lot say the front brace isn't realy needed but I like the way it matches the back now.I am happy with the way it has turned out and all I need now is some money so I can get on with the rest of the build.