• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Quarry Bash spot @ Uppermill Quarry

hebby

As above stumbled across this place whilst viewing google earth  :xd:

so took a drive up and low and behold its a MTB Trail  :hahadance:  :hahadance:   Jumps, Ramps, and tracks so went home grabbed the Vorza and took the lad with his BMX  :whistling:  and bashed the Vorza till it broke like a true North west basher stylee  :yes:  

Anyway enough of the talk and onto the pics, postcode and some vids ( just uploading )

6rwq.jpg
9b1p.jpg

BROKE!  :sly:

aw8u.jpg

Heres the place

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=uppermill+quarry&ll=53.544196,-2.014124&spn=0.011207,0.033023&hq=quarry&hnear=Uppermill,+United+Kingdom&t=h&fll=53.544273,-2.014039&fspn=0.011207,0.033023&z=16

And postcode is OL3 6LT ( head for the golf club ) and its second gate on your left before the golf club and theres enough space for a few cars to park  :hahadance: 

Oh forgot to mention theres a walk like the other quarry but its not as steep but is a slight bit longer but hey you get the pot of gold at the end of the yellow brick road  :thumbsup: 

Edited by hebby
  • Like 1

Looks decent mate. 

Whne not training for Tough Mudder shall have to relight my RC fire over there and break 1 or 2 of my cars

Looks decent mate. 

Whne not training for Tough Mudder shall have to relight my RC fire over there and break 1 or 2 of my cars

Yeah defo mate im up for it anytime  :thumbsup:

Been there last year, its some walk the gate locked has its supposedly to be a nature thing did you see loads of carpets?

Yeah was a 5 min walk but not as steep as shaw lol 

Yeah saw the carpets there hahaha used one in my last vid just before breaking the front hinge pin of the Vorza FFS!

You get tired walking up the stairs, haha

Cheeky

so what if i do? its because im big boned and have a slow metabalism 

The carpets are to line the pond rock pools

well i used one for a run up to the ramp  :whistling:

After a shedload of effort, we've finally got the council on board to help keep these jumps for MTB'ers, as they were all planned to be flattened. The main line (Far left in pictures) is what we've spent the most time on, and it's not really possible for RC's to even be ran on them. (I've thought about it myself) 

?936966_10151448468250662_844358100_n.jpg

971168_10151496474993159_1346756473_n.jp

970671_10151496473788159_2051397960_n.jp

179900_10151494930938159_1063574025_n.jp

Haha oh Hebby

It's a good spot for RC's, don't get me wrong, but the jumps are kinda for MTBers, A lot of the lads who ride up there know and have ridden with Hebby's brother themselves! 

You might aswell check out the facebook page ;) 

https://www.facebook.com/saddleworthtrailsgroup

No disrespect to ya mate and all the hard work you have put in but if its suitable for MTB then im pretty sure an electric rc car is NOT going to make a blind bit of difference  :thumbsup:

And if it bothers ya mate i will gladly put some effort into helping to maintain the place  :yes:

No disrespect to ya mate and all the hard work you have put in but if its suitable for MTB then im pretty sure an electric rc car is NOT going to make a blind bit of difference  :thumbsup:

And if it bothers ya mate i will gladly put some effort into helping to maintain the place  :yes:

The main problem is when it's dry, being mainly sand, the jumps just crumble away :lol:  Before riding them, we normally drench them with water to give them some chance of being able to stick together! Give us a shout next time you're up, I may have to pop up with my Bike/Slash :o  

The main problem is when it's dry, being mainly sand, the jumps just crumble away :lol:  Before riding them, we normally drench them with water to give them some chance of being able to stick together! Give us a shout next time you're up, I may have to pop up with my Bike/Slash :o

Yeah i get what your saying mate and serious from spending at least 2 hours and 6 packs of lipo on the ramps i can honestly say you lads have done a good job  :yes:

Next time go up ill message you and we can have a meet and set to sorting some of the ramps out because theres a few there that need some TLC and im more than happy to help out  :thumbsup:  plus winter is closing in fast and no chance im going up there when its cold  :shockingscary:

• Like 1

Yeah i get what your saying mate and serious from spending at least 2 hours and 6 packs of lipo on the ramps i can honestly say you lads have done a good job  :yes:

Next time go up ill message you and we can have a meet and set to sorting some of the ramps out because theres a few there that need some TLC and im more than happy to help out  :thumbsup:  plus winter is closing in fast and no chance im going up there when its cold  :shockingscary:

Winter?! That's digging season! The jumps have had loads of sun on them this year, Literally only just managed to build them before it arrived. It is a top spot though, much better views than in a park/field! :good: 

Yeah mate but still too cold to run RC  :xd:  i dont mind the cold when im doing something but not standing round with a transmitter in my hand freezing my nuts off  :shockingscary:

the view is awesome and your right it is a decent place but like i said if and when i do go up i will 100% keep the hard work in mind and as previously said you need a hand anytime just give us a shout im more than happy to do some digging  :yes:

• 3 years later...