• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

5B Asthetical Upgrades

willb

Morning,

I'm a tad bored of how my Baja looks and drives. It's pretty much a stock 26cc Baja. I have a bit of cash coming for my birthday so thought I'd treat it to some upgrades.

So far I'm looking at the Turtle Racing V2 Clutch, is that worth the money? I saw someone with one fitted and it wheelies off the line!

Wheels and tyres I need to replace, I have some new sand paddles here but need the wheels. Silverback or Pro-Line?

Where do you get Dark Soul parts from? I want one of their roof scoops in black and maybe a better roll cage.

I mainly run on sand so anything else people could advise would be good.

Cheers!

Morning,

I'm a tad bored of how my Baja looks and drives. It's pretty much a stock 26cc Baja. I have a bit of cash coming for my birthday so thought I'd treat it to some upgrades.

So far I'm looking at the Turtle Racing V2 Clutch, is that worth the money? I saw someone with one fitted and it wheelies off the line!

Wheels and tyres I need to replace, I have some new sand paddles here but need the wheels. Silverback or Pro-Line?

Where do you get Dark Soul parts from? I want one of their roof scoops in black and maybe a better roll cage.

I mainly run on sand so anything else people could advise would be good.

Cheers!

Hey bud do you have a killswitch fitted yet because that would be a great first upgrade to get :).

Yeah Turtle racing stuff is good but some people think they are over expensive,but that's there personal opinion.The clutch system wouldn't really make the car go faster that Would more the engine or pipe with some tuning.

Silverback or proline that again is down to personal opinion but I have proline but none the less heard good things about silverback Rc

Wheels :).

I think the dark soul roof is discontinued but I'm sure if you did some searching around you may be able to get your hands on one :).

I've got a killswitch fitted and done the normal mods to the Baja, had it quite a while. I've got a JetPro and Dominator pipe but not run the Dominator yet, that'll be the acceleration I want.

I'm after the Turtle Racing shock mounts front and rear in black, the Dark Soul roof scoop in black and a few other little bits, all in black! Going for the stealth look it seems!

:)

ok well the darksoul roof scoop is no longer made, been looking for one myself for the last 6 months and no luck.

tr v2 clutch is a good option but the baja doesn't wheelie because of that, it more likely has a powerful engine with a low gearing fitted to it.

wheels i personaly like silverback ones and they work very well if you have silverback beadlocks also, if running sand paddles consider fitting the hostile foams, i run hard on my baja to good effect.

the dominator exhaust would give you abit more low end which will aid the take of at the cost of top speed.

turtle racing make very nice part but i found some are costly and over done, parts worth doing are the ones i do have which is the v2 clutch and the shock torw braces (front and rear).

there are plenty of things you can do but without knowing what you got already its going to be hit and miss on suggestions

Thanks for the reply, I pretty much have a stock Baja apart from the pipes!

if thats the case it would be worth reading some of the baja threads people have made, several people, including myself have made threads documenting what they done to their baja.

give them a look, see what they been breaking and how they have been upgrading them for ideas of your own.

alternatively i could just list what i have done myself although that would take awhile.

If you just want it to look nice then just get a new body shell, wheels/tyres, windows for roll cage, deanodise some alloy, turtle shock braces, roof scoop, shock socks, chassis side protectors, rpm arms.

If you want other things then turtle are good.

I'd alwo go for wheel extenders, bumpers, toobz on cups, enclosed clutch setup, better servos, prefilters, the list is endless mate lol

I have an Outerwears yellow filter for the air filter but I want to change the stock filter for a smaller one as I find it a pain to fit. I've done the quick release mod for the roll cage and have limiting cables although they are not fitted at the moment.

If your running on sand a lot the turtle racing v2 clutch system would be a good buy.

Just saw this reply, sorry missed it first time round. I will get the V2 clutch but probably not this order as it costs so much! I do run 90% on sand.

Not sure if you'd still need the stack for one of those. I think its the stack that you'd need to change to get better access. I'm looking at getting one of these http://uberrc.com/product/137/

had on of them, pile of crap imo.

hpi filter does just fine on its own, if you need better access to it just fit a inclined shredstack, they are like

Had a uber filter, split, lol

As Thunderwolf said, get a phatdad inclined shredstack, better access and lifts stock filter up off the fuel tank. Make sure you get inclinedand make sure it's not for a reed valve, cos they do a few variations ;-)

It was the price tag that put me off, which is why I was looking at the Uber set up. Thunderwolf, what was it that you didn't like about the uber one?

the fine layer of dust that was laying on the velocity stack was enough to tell me it wasn't doing itself job.

and before anyone asks i did oil it.