• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice needed please about a TEH R31 drift car

roker99

It's hard to say how much you would get back from it as they are a clone of the OTA R31. I have one and they drift well but there are certain parts on the car that are very weak such as the drive shafts and diff outdrives. If they have been upgraded then they are definitely worth it. :)

It's hard to say how much you would get back from it as they are a clone of the OTA R31. I have one and they drift well but there are certain parts on the car that are very weak such as the drive shafts and diff outdrives. If they have been upgraded then they are definitely worth it. :)

Hi m8

I thought there was only one like this it might even be the OTA as the chassis on its own was

This is what the its says about the car if that helps as it don't help me at all lol

Rc drift car r31 belt driven fully working with

3car batterys

1fast charger

2body shells

The bmw shell has fitted working lights

uprated servo

1hand controller

1full hop up kit fitted

4sets of wheels

batterys for controller (takes 4)

brushless engine uprated speed controller

loads of spare parts and the main drive belt

with road tyers on its very very fast

with the drift wheels and tyers setup on there isnt any thing this car cant drift around!!

Thanks rocker

Hi, it's hard to tell the difference between the TEH and the OTA but in general the quality of the plastic on the OTA is miles better than the clone. The earlier TEH was a really poor quality but the recent ones have been far better. I do believe however that the genuine OTA had Phillips head screws rather than the hex heads on the TEH. Have a look on R2 hobbies, they sell the TEH R31 and other versions of it. Since it has an upgrade kit the problems with the TEH are most likely solved so you probably wouldn't see much of a difference quality wise anyway. Hope this helped.

Hi, it's hard to tell the difference between the TEH and the OTA but in general the quality of the plastic on the OTA is miles better than the clone. The earlier TEH was a really poor quality but the recent ones have been far better. I do believe however that the genuine OTA had Phillips head screws rather than the hex heads on the TEH. Have a look on R2 hobbies, they sell the TEH R31 and other versions of it. Since it has an upgrade kit the problems with the TEH are most likely solved so you probably wouldn't see much of a difference quality wise anyway. Hope this helped.

Thanks for the help m8 he brought it round to me tonight wow if it was nitro I would have brought it there and then as I never really have had electric but it was on my path and just span on the spot like a helicopter lol

Its in great condition and comes with so many wheels and spars 3 battery's 1 of the shells is all kitted out with led lights which by pressing a button do loads of stuff lol

I sound like a little kid the prob is its just not me if that makes sense it does look good.

Such a shame I just don't think I can do it and buy it.

I will have a think over night he did say if I want it its mine for

Yea he is dropping it round later so I should have a bit of fun for a while

And he did say it was built from scratch as that's how it came from America not sure what that means

Roker

Edited by roker99