• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hobbywing 1/8 motors

bunnie

Hi all, Anyone using / used 1/8 motors by hobbywing? Are they any good? Or should i just wait till a castle motor comes my way? Also are there any other alternatives? P.s be using along side a 150amp hobbywing esc on 4/5s maybe 6s given the right space and tyres. All info welcome Thanks

I run a 2000kv one in my Losi 8ight and paired with a mamba monster and in 6s OMFD! Destroyed a brand new pair of nanda blocks in 20 seconds :-/

Plus had a full on side crash at full speed on 4s right Into the motor and hard enough to bend the chassis downwards from end to end plus a big gash in the motor can and still going strong lol infact I think it's made it better TBH :-/ now I can get wheelies on 4s where before the crash it didn't sounds weird but true :-/

Running a red 3682 2350kv can in my E Maxx. actually handles it very well on 4s. Sits on the back wheels until it tops out. Blip in the throttle take sit past the wheel bar and onto its roof.  Gonna be selling the motor soon due to dropping my Kv.

Running a 2200kv in my hyper good as gold for 16-17 months now and it's sensored so nice and smooth. Leopard and tenshock is another option and not to expensive.

What's it going in??

Edited by big turbo

Running a 2650kv trackstar motor with 150a trackstar esc. Running it in my rustler for speed runs. Will be ordering a 2200kv motor soon as I'm very happy with them. For the money I don't think you can go wrong. I was going for a castle MM and 2200kv combo but this worked out to

Edited by Chasman