• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

can i fit truck shell to my km baja ?

snapon

Im bored with the stock km baja look and fancy a change like the losi look . What do i need to get a truck shell on ? Do i need all the 5t fittings and frame and wheres best place to get from or anyone fancy selling theres lol

You can fit a 5T or 5SC shell without much trouble.

You would need the fitting kit at the very least. KM do a version of it. Be aware though, the bigger shells are more prone to damage. KM do a 5T shell...but that is even more brittle as it's ABS not Lexan.

1/5 shells are not cheap......so be prepared to pay silly money for one, and used ones in good condition are not cheap either.

Yes, but as nitroholic pointed out, the KM shells, being abs plastic are very brittle c/f the hpi or Proline lexan shells.

My stock 5sc shell has actually survived MUCH longer than I expected, almost a year. Admittedly, there is a reasonable amount of shoo too, drywall and gaffa tape with an occasional cable tie holding it together, but you can still tell what it is supposed to be....

The extended mounts have also proven sturdy too, always a bonus, tho the beast does run a Team Chase cage....