• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Powerfull engines....

Tav

Looking to do a long term project involving some twin engined fun. Could people point me in the direction of some powerfull engines for 1/10th scale cars? I'm not really up to speed on who makes the best engines/prices/power etc etc.

On road....I might go up to 1/8th just for the room. Not overly worried about using a shell at the end of the day.... It's more a project just to see if I can do it.

I think in the search for speed two motors and a 2 or 3 speed transmission should be interesting.

I'll need to use as much stock components as I can to cut down on having to get stuff fabricated.

So which .18's ? Who makes good motors?

I'm sure I read somewhere people dyno r/c motors? Anyone done/do this?

Bad idea, would be extremely frustrating to tune as both engines have to be running at the same speed otherwise one is carrying the other. You dont get double speed as well only double torque.

On an on-road as well its pointless as it would be stupidly heavy.

Kyosho make a truck with twin engines (giga crusher?), hard to get hold of here though unless you know where to look.

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

It won't be double the speed unless you change the gear ratios. The more torque & hp ...so the longer the gear ratio you can use and there for the more speed.

I would hardly call an extra engine + some more fuel and another exhaust pipe stupidly heavy. With the selection of some choice parts else where weight could be kept to a minimum.