• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

Few pics from the build, finally got all the new carbon parts etc fitted however the carbon top plate binds on the spur gear which is a little weird, had to redrill the rear holes as they were out of align of the screw holes in the chassis :S I'll get it sorted tomorrow

image_zps8aeafdb3.jpg

image_zps31141cbf.jpg

Ill dial in the camber etc once I get it out on the road again :D

Few pics from the build, finally got all the new carbon parts etc fitted however the carbon top plate binds on the spur gear which is a little weird, had to redrill the rear holes as they were out of align of the screw holes in the chassis :

I had the same slight bind with the spur. I sorted it by using a very thin shim/washer underneath on 1 side, just giving the spur enough clearance.

Cheers for the info, I decided to remove the top and used a small file to "taper" the edges so the spur would run fine with no binding! Either way, took the car out earlier, lost a shock tower but that held the top of the shock to the new carbon tower lol and also x2 tyres as the crap glue that was used for the chrome road wheels literally broke loose lol ahh we'll!

Shock tower bolt*

Chrome wheels are plop if you don't sand the chrome off where the tyre sits. A little bit of blue lock tite on the thread of the shock screws helps even on nyloc nuts, I have had a couple of nuts missing after crashes but none since a blob of lock tite.

Hi all,

I've recently got the rtr emb 1 buggy and loving it! found the stock shocks to firm so bought some aluminium ones and some 15wt oil. The car doesn't seem as bouncy but it's still skittish over half decent bumps. What would you guys recommend with the shocks? different springs?

Mini 8 soft springs work well or carisma gtb soft although there nearly if not the same lol.

May try the carisma springs, can get a set of 4 a whole lot cheaper than the losi springs!

Just had to order a new wing the stock one shattered...

Edited by cizardev

Ordered a carisma spring set and a hong nor crt.5 wing, should put up with abit more abuse.

What wheels and tyres fit this buggy? do 1/10 buggy wheels fit?

Edited by cizardev