• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scotland's Big discussion 2013

Rusty1103

Right guys put your leccy cranium in gear.

Basically wanting a 3s set up.

Currently running

Esc: xerun 120a

Motor: tenshock 411 sc 4600kv

Me personally, I think that keeping the motor and changing the esc would put the motor under a lot of strain without some ridiculous gearing. Acceleration would probably so high that all it wants to do is wheel spin. So going to go down the new motor route.

Was looking at this

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101731

What would the difference between the 2 motor ratings be like?

Anyone had any experience with these motors or hpi motors in general?

Cheers troops!!!

That's 540 size motor mate, your SCTE will eat that for breakfast.

What's wrong with what you have?

EDIT: Oh wait, your running 2S right?

You won't go far wrong with a WP SC8 and something around a 3000-3500kv 4-pole motor

Edited by Rossyra

54mm long can, it's for 1/10 buggies and tourers, ie lighter stuff

How about even something like this, with your current ESC?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HobbyWing-1-10-RC-4x4-SCT-Short-Course-Trucks-3656-3400kv-Sensored-BL-Motor-/181321909013?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&var=&hash=item2a37a0c315

540 is the size of the can or motor you really want  a 550 size motor something like the tenshock x802 six pole it will handle upto 6s lipo`s if you wanted to go mad and the one ross is showing would be good aswell but i would go lower kv something like a 3000kv 

Edited by mini-z-awd

you have a 540 size motor right now i had the same one yrs ago in a hyper 10tt and it was good in that cause it was a lightweigth compared to your rig   

gong by what losi say a 550 2800kv mootor would be good thats what they run in the scte according to there site not sure if its the older version of your though 

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0128

lots of info here aswell 

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/139033-losi-ten-scte-owners-thread/

Edited by mini-z-awd

Hi guys. :)

I have been on the forum a wee while now, but its the first time in this section. I am James and from Aberdeen. Been into R/C cars for around 15 years now, used to race onroad Tourers in the 1/10 mod class and only this week sold on my Tamiya TRF 502X as I just don't have the time anymore for the serious racing kind due to my job and working nightshift all the time. I do however like a good fun day out running a few of my cars including my FTX Vantage that now seems to have more Tamiya parts than FTX parts lately and also my now restored 1989 Tamiya Madcap :)

Anyone else on the forum active from up this way near Aberdeen at all?

James

:)

You would be as well selling the ESC and buying a combo. I'm not sure the stock ESC will be up to much other than the VXL.

Hobbywing WP SC8 + EZRun 3656 3400kv

If you are killing motor after motor it sounds like you may have too high a pinion in use.

Edited by Rossyra

While sneezing all over my 5ive me and my dad managed to assemble the new engine yesterday.

I've also filled the centre diff with 100k oil so hoping for much better acceleration and less tire ballooning up front.

Might do some more tonight.

While sneezing all over my 5ive me and my dad managed to assemble the new engine yesterday.

I've also filled the centre diff with 100k oil so hoping for much better acceleration and less tire ballooning up front.

Might do some more tonight.

good to hear it will be running again soon and dont worry about the flu it only lasts about two weeks 

I hope you're right Stu, I hate being ill.

I am currently refilling the rear diff, I'm hoping to do the front today as well.

i still have a silght sniffle but nothing else really and ive had the flu for about two weeks now its always the snifle bit that annoys me