• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scotland's Big discussion 2013

Rusty1103

I wish I was there... The track looks really good. Which RC's got broken? :D

of the top of my head 

richard. broke his ftx punisher traxxas slash and his hyper 7 took one hell of a beating and just kept coming back for more its one tough buggy

nino. his rear tyre on the 5t ripped apart and the stampede broke two rear shock shafts and lost three screws for the rear shocks

robert killed his rear diff on the team c if you look at the pic`s richard uploaded its the one nose diving in the last pic

i think everyone had a bad day with something breaking on there cars it would be good to hear what everyone broke

great pic`s richard i tried to get some but i kept missing the action there should be some good vid of the jumping that was been done today but all wait and see what nino does with the vid to see how good or bad i was doing today being the cameraman lol

@ the trooper yep buddy you missed all the carnage today there will be another one soon if you can make it all the inof will be posted here for when and were

forgot to ask anyone got sunburnt the back of my neck and nose is abit raw lol

Edited by mini-z-awd
  • Like 1

of the top of my head

richard. broke his ftx punisher traxxas slash and his hyper 7 took one hell of a beating and just kept coming back for more its one tough buggy

Punisher is actually ok, it was just that the front drive shaft popped out and I couldn't be bothered putting it back! I DID trash the shell. Majorly!

Punisher is actually ok, it was just that the front drive shaft popped out and I couldn't be bothered putting it back! I DID trash the shell. Majorly!

one less thing to fix which saves you money to spend on the other two

I managed to split a MIP steel half-shaft in, er, half.

there supposed tobe the best you can buy aswell, i guess not for you

Edited by mini-z-awd

Well I've just ordered the RPM arms for the slash. Tomorrow I'll fibreglass the Punisher shell and rebuild it. I'll try the fuel tube behind dogbone trick to stop them popping out too. I've also ordered new centre driveshafts for the Hyper. I'll also try tapping the motor on the Vantage and see if a wider bolt will hold it still. Then they'll all run!

How's the leg Stuart?

Well I've just ordered the RPM arms for the slash. Tomorrow I'll fibreglass the Punisher shell and rebuild it. I'll try the fuel tube behind dogbone trick to stop them popping out too. I've also ordered new centre driveshafts for the Hyper. I'll also try tapping the motor on the Vantage and see if a wider bolt will hold it still. Then they'll all run!

How's the leg Stuart?

the dog bone trick does work i1ve done it a few times and the leg is ok for now all see what its like tomorrow. just lucky it didnt hit any harder and ive still no idea why i put my leg up in the first place atleast i didn`t duck now that would have hurt big time and now i know were not to stand when a car is going tobe flying by me.

Edited by mini-z-awd

A big thanks to everyone another fantastic days bashing and to everyone who kept my hyper on the track lol I'm hame looking like a beetroot great laugh great weather great bunch of guys cheers again and looking forward to the next day of destruction lol

Hi guys ,

After yesterdays incident with the bmx club , I am looking into making our group an official rc car club registered through the BRCA , members will be asked to pay the brca a membership fee which will include insurance just incase any misshaps happen , it will be an annual fee and you will get a brca member card (ooooh)

I have had a call from the council regards yesterday and andrew smith (sports and outdoor activities ) is going to arrange a meeting between ourselves and the bmx club to settle any issues regards running there and to set days and times so our clubs dont conflict .

Hope this is understandable to all this is needed to be done as dont want a repeat of yesterday .

JUST NEED TO COME UP WITH A CLUB NAME NOW LOL

What happened yesterday?

The track looks great fun, I'll need to get down soon. I'm already a member of the BRCA :thumbsup:

Great stuff dk,

The bmx club tried calling the police on us asking us to move but since we have local council permission they cant do anything tbh ,

Guys anyone whom is on Facebook have a search for

Bathgate Bmx club

And have a wee read through their comments over yesterday

Please refrain from posting anything on it tho as we are arranging a meeting to speak with council about whats happening . But all their comments is bull tbh

Just had a look on Facebook, ha they're really not impressed by you guys using the track are they? Yes our rc cars may damage the lips which is what they are complaining about the most.

Being a bmx'er myself I know all too well about lips on jumps being damaged, not from rc cars, but from kids just riding over jumps, not jumping them, people jumping the jumps but landing short and casing the landings. So I do not see why they are trying to point all the blame towards rc people.

Exactly mate , he is making stuff up like we were being abusive to kids at the track ???? Sorry but kids were with us and we aint like that , plus we didn't take kindly to him recording the area we was at without our permission