• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

scratchbuilt edf eurofighter typhoon

lots of roll response but very little elevator response. i suspect CG too far forward. unfortunately slowing down resulted in dropping in a nose-first curve down and reduction of ability to pull out, so i felt ihad to keep the power up but was unablle to pull through turn. basically elevator insufficient. i do think CG most likely culprit.

carbon strip the elevator surfaces , could be possible you had the travel and power,

but those foam surfaces just did not have the strength to hold up with the speed.

she tracked lovely and straight when released for  vert takeoff, so i would have pushed more to the beefing up of the elevator surfaces.

just some flat carbon spar to help hold it up under that wind speed and not tending to be pushed back level giving less control feeling. ?

i would add the strip to underside and have it so it reaches all the way to control horn and then the horn clamping onto the carbon spar.

thats going to give a good strong elevator surface in the foam stop it twisting.

my extra 330L suffers same problem to less surface and elevator not strong enough to hold up.

ends up acting like a secondary aerilon giving huge roll control and a elevator like a lead brick.

but the carbon spar trick ( mine goes full length on leading edge) soon beefed it all up and elevator was alot better.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy