• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Jims hyper conversion x2!

Bigjimknickers

Just got back from maplins, got double sided tape Velcro strips & a rx box, mounted esc on rear of losi tray, perfect fit!

Next mounted sloped maplin box on Velcro then drilled underside to allow for cables & Velcro d it to the diff top. Absolutely solid!

Also used velco to stick the esc on/off switch !

Got it in the van ready for its first run!

Finished!null-4.jpg

Just got back from the skate park, very successful run!

Apart ftom my bad landing popping off a front shock, really really pleased with it, thanks to all who gave me advice especially R46, now for the next car!

Nice 1! :thumbsup:

when charged each cell is 4.2v x 4 so be 16.8 fully charged

Edited by R46

So I'm looking at the lvc cutting in at 12.8v?

I used it for 20 mins, some really fast speed runs too & it came back 14.9v

So I used just 1.9v in 20 mins?

Pretty impressive, so I'll have about 40 mins on a 5000mah battery is that about right?

Looking great buddy. That receiver wire from the speedo can go under the battery tray to make it look neater if you want, there's little hooks on the underside for for it to go through. Coincidently I seem to have the same motor/esc/battery/battery tray as you. Ive had the set up for a few months and its really good. Ive got a 21t pinion on mine, its got great torque. It should serve you well. have you done the little foam block mod to the speedo?

Edited by danny boy

Maybe I'm being way to conservative on a 15t then! Lol!! It really is a beast when converted right? Roll on the good weather and I'm sure you will not be able to put it down... :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I read loads of threads on the hyper, & it seemed like 19t was the most chosen one,

Yea it's awesome, I did it so I can use my badger in peace while my lad uses this hyper, but I keep using the hyper!

I'm moving house this weekend, after that I'll begin on the other one, not sure what I'll put in that.. Maybe a 6s system to make it a vorza beater!

That sounds awesome.cill look forward to the next thread! Just done a house move myself so know how busy you're about to be so good luck! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
38 minutes ago, R46 said:

What went with in end for power? 

The turnigy esc died, & I bought a Mamba monster max in the end for it. Now it's  been sat in my dads shed a few years, I don't think he's even ran it.

when I get it I'll put a New can in it, it has the 1900kv turnigy still. I'm going 5s/6s!

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2017 at 11:11, Bigjimknickers said:

The turnigy esc died, & I bought a Mamba monster max in the end for it. Now it's  been sat in my dads shed a few years, I don't think he's even ran it.

when I get it I'll put a New can in it, it has the 1900kv turnigy still. I'm going 5s/6s!

Did you ever get this back Jim? Be interested to see if you did after reading the thread