• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what good and whats not for nitro cars

cyclone pro

Agreed...after run oil is good........lots of bad things........

1. running too lean

2. no fail safe

3. not charging hump pack

4. hitting kerbs

5. hitting walls

6. hitting skips

7. hitting big rocks

8. drinving through puddles

9. driving into rivers/lakes/lochs etc

10. etc

11. etc

A failsafe prevents your car from running of (into hard things normally).....when the receiver batteries get too low......also when there is a loss of signal from the transmitter.

If you don't charge your hump pack the above happens.

what u mean the above

have a look at me other chats go on the fuel one is it ok to use 20% insted of 16%

Thats spamming - Stick to the topic mate!

I found that when u first start the engine up - its good to keep low speeds till engines warms up a tad before hitting WOT - The excess fuel due to it been cold may results in constant flooding....

erm... Running Lean is u main worry...

also avoid nocking/crashing if you can

Stick to where its meant to go (ex not driving it huge ramps)

Avoid flipping.... can cause it to stall...

and try to keep it close when using it .... that way u can hear problems if there is any and you can stop it quickly :D

Hope this helpz

Ziggy

Okies...

Good habits to get into...

Oil your air filter, v important for touring cars. Sounds daft but the filter will trap significantly more dirt if impregnated with filter oil. And replace the filter altogether every few meetings.

Change diff and shock oil at least once a year, more ofen if you race and test often. The oil will degrade over time and with use, losing it's viscosity, which is the property that you're looking for. The seal will need cleaning and checking anyhow.

Boring as it is, cleaning your car thoroughly and often is the only real way to know when parts of your car are damaged or wearing out. As well as running better and more consistantly, a well kept car will fetch more when you sell it.

Lube the thrust bearing on the clutch often (after every run is not too often). This is often overlooked but when they fail, they can make a mess of your clutch, and can be a nightmare to repair. Only a really tiny amout of lube is needed, and a well maintained thrust bearing will help give a consistant and predictable clutch takeup.

Avoid anything.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bit like your mum told you.

really if you use your head and get some practice at driving it around before you go mad with the throttle, you'll be ok, you learn from your mistakes thats a fact of life i'm afraid.

Ive got a few shells to prove it, and an even bigger bill but it happens, if your young you'll tell me to do one now but if you've already been there then you'll know i'm right. :smilies_eusasmiles2:

Avoid anything.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bit like your mum told you.

really if you use your head and get some practice at driving it around before you go mad with the throttle, you'll be ok, you learn from your mistakes thats a fact of life i'm afraid.

Ive got a few shells to prove it, and an even bigger bill but it happens, if your young you'll tell me to do one now but if you've already been there then you'll know i'm right. :smilies_eusasmiles2:

mummy told me not to play with fire...

Ziggy playied with fire... ziggy was in casutly... had my hand covered up for about a week... and it became tottally deformed - blistered and unable to bend it...

I learnt my lesson... next time dont use a lighter....

J/K!!! but he's right... learn from your mistakes like over powering and not checking mesh's etc and screws

I always forget to check my engine screws so much so... i lost loads of them!!!

Ziggy