• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your bike!

Joshyjol

Some pics of gyro-less 1/5 circuit bikes, the first is a KP Designs kit, the second is a scratch-built prototype designed by one of the lads on the regular National scene.

Here's my old KP08s 1/5th bike with Barry Sheene bodywork:

bazza_side_sml.jpg

and then the current bike at speed at Cotswold a few weeks ago:

DSC02262.jpg

Edited by Adder
  • Like 1

Dates for racing at either Cotswold or Aldershot or generally posted over at Moto-5. We've got two more Nationals the next two weekends then back into club racing.

There's also bike racing at Skipton and Southend, again details posted on Moto-5

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Somehow, although they're the smallest bike available the mini z bikes are one of the most fun.

Such a good bike.

Both bikes are run in size-limited areas where slow-speed handling is more critical [absolutely necessary] than top speed.

To improve stability with the Mini-Z for the kitchen floor Grand Prix, I added a bit of lead ballast inside the fairing pan.  The upgrade fork is built with more precision and helped a lot, too.  

With the DXR, running a smaller motor pinion and adding additional weights to its gyro allows tight, slow-speed cornering.

Very nearly bought a DXR (Anderson m5 race in UK) but when they suddenly discontinued them it put me off.

So many nice RC models have come and gone over the years.  If you don't taste the flavor while they are in the product line, you can miss the opportunity.  Stateside, the M5 Race is still available... for a while.

• 6 years later...