• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which Hyper engine is this?

J.K

Hi guys and girls,

So I'm thinking of purchasing a second hand Hyper 8 but the current owner isn't sure which engine it has. He's sent me some photos so maybe somebody can ID it for me, as in is it the .21 or .28?

To make it a little harder for you he says he recently fitted a new .28 cooling head and a .21 pull start! :/

Any help much appreciated :)

image_zps76290dd6.jpg

image_zpsdb6c1d80.jpg

image_zps7aac5c87.jpg

Thanks for the input so far guys, keep it coming! :D

it looks like the .28 to me, if i recall hyper .21 engines had hyper .21 on the side of the crankcase, but the .28 had just had a H on it.

I did notice this whilst I was doing my own detective work on google images, I've heard many mixed reviews on the .28 hence my interest into which one it is!

Looks like a .28 to me too, just googled the mac star.28 and it just has the H on the crank case, whereas my hyper 7 has .21 on it.

The .28's are prone to air leaks, just tear down, and re seal using instant gasket

Edited by Pistonhead

Looks like a .28 to me too, just googled the mac star.28 and it just has the H on the crank case, whereas my hyper 7 has .21 on it

If it has .21 on it, it's probably a .21......

Haha, so .21 crankcase, .21 pullstart, .28 cooling head :xd:

Looks like a .28 to me too, just googled the mac star.28 and it just has the H on the crank case, whereas my hyper 7 has .21 on it.

The .28's are prone to air leaks, just tear down, and re seal using instant gasket

Here is a picture of a .21 with the "H" on the side- http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/diagrams/HoBao/Engines/HB_Engine_settings_Hyper_21%20_3-Port.pdf

Well thanks for everybody's input guys, it was on ebay and went for quite a bit more than I thought was sensible for its condition so gave it a miss.

The hunt continues! :)